Current Dish/VOOMer so whats our deal going to be??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bobaphx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 18, 2005
Current Dish/VOOMers. What is our deal going to be??

I currently have Dish service (and a 508 DVR), and have had Dish full time since 1996. I also have (had) VOOM for HD since March 2005 when I bought my first HDTV. I kept Dish for the DVR and for "just in case". I've called Dish 3 times today, each time calling the 1-800-WOW-HDTV number.
The first time I automatically was asked if the last 4 digits of my phone # was ---- just as always happens when I call the usual 333-DISH number (obviously keyed to my phone/acct. number). I answer yes and get CSR who, when she finds I am a current Dish customer, directs me to call the WOW-HDTV number. When I tell her that I did, and got her, she is confused and asks me to call back later.
The second time I call on my cell phone (not keyed to my dish acct.) and get CSR who asks if I have had Dish before... I lie this time, say no, and give phony address. He then proceeds to give me the offer everyone else has gotten. When I press issue of whether Dish will upgrade 942 DVR (same $250.00 plus lease) when they go to MPEG4, CSR has to go away but comes back and says that 942 will be up-gradable with a software update... this is news to me as I thought this wasn't possible.
The third call is to WOW-HDTV and am I honest again about being current Dish customer. This time I am told that VOOM channels are only available to new customers not old customers and even if I sign up for the lousy 5 Dish HD offerings I can't lease the 942 DVR as that too is only available to new customers (hmmm... thanks for being a loyal Dish customer all these years but sorry, you piece of crap, you can't get any of the goodies). I am encouraged to check back later because he is told there will be an offer for existing Dish customers to get VOOM... but he doesn't know if it will be days, weeks, or months.

I don't know... but is this anyway to run a company... or treat existing customers who have purchased your product and always paid their bills for years??? I get so frustrated with this kind of corporate mentality.

Why not make it simple and have a program(s) that encourages both new and existing customers to buy your HD service in the shortest amount of time? Why do I have to wait and call back half a dozen times to buy "service" from these people? Will I wind up going with cable (with leased HD DVR and hopefully more HD programs soon) as I had planned, or sit around and waste my time playing these silly games with Dish?
I've waited this long so I quess I'll give it another week before I decide.

Has anyone that had both Dish and VOOM (before the VOOM shutdown) received any "deal" or been able to get the VOOM channels or a 942 HD DVR?

I called today as a current E* customer (got installed on Apr. 29th), and E* will come and install a second dish (for $100) and I will pay $5 a month for Voom10.
Currently I have Everything pack with HD Pack and 811 receiver. (wife said NO to 942 - $250)

bobaphx said:
is this anyway to run a company... or treat existing customers who have purchased your product and always paid their bills for years??? I get so frustrated with this kind of corporate mentality.

That's why I left them in the first place.

I had a similar experience...

First call I fessed up to being a "former" dish customer, (I left d* a year ago to go vooming). Immediately I was advised that there was no way I could get a HD receiver unless I wanted to purchase the 811 for $413.00. NO thanks.

I went to EBAY and bought a 811 for $166.

Install of my 61.5 dish is Wednesday, $99.95.

You are right, they care not for the old faithful customers, just the one's that they haven't screwed yet. But for now, it's the only HD game in my town.

Eddie

TechCop said:
First call I fessed up to being a "former" dish customer, (I left d* a year ago to go vooming).
You are right, they care not for the old faithful customers, just the one's that they haven't screwed yet. But for now, it's the only HD game in my town.

Eddie
So HOW does that statement qualify you as an "old faithful customer"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)