Current equipment question.

bengott

Original poster
May 5, 2011
Alabama
Please forgive the ignorance of this question. I've been out of the loop on Dish network equipment for a few years. The last time I installed a Dish Network system they were using the 522 and 322 dual tuner receivers. At the time they had a Dish Pro Plus seperator. My question is will the seperator work with a brand new triple LNB HD turbo dish? I'm not sure the model numbers of my LNB or dish but I have one vip 722k receiver and only one dual coax coming from the dish and I'm not sure how many outputs the LNB has on it and I want to add an old 301 receiver to the system for an additional room. Is it possible to use a seperator for the third tuner?

"Yes", the separator would work just like it did on a 522/322 SD receiver. It's a DishPro Plus switch that makes this possible for dual-tuner receivers.

Unfortunately you cannot split a single coax and feed an old 301 receiver too. A 301, or any other receiver for that matter, would need it's own coax all the way up to your dish w/integrated switch. There is a further problem. If you're on Eastern Arc (61.5/72.7/77) then your 301 will not work at all. Virtually all channels on Eastern Arc are mpeg-4.

"Yes", the separator would work just like it did on a 522/322 SD receiver. It's a DishPro Plus switch that makes this possible for dual-tuner receivers.

Unfortunately you cannot split a single coax and feed an old 301 receiver too. A 301, or any other receiver for that matter, would need it's own coax all the way up to your dish w/integrated switch. There is a further problem. If you're on Eastern Arc (61.5/72.7/77) then your 301 will not work at all. Virtually all channels on Eastern Arc are mpeg-4.

Exactly what TheKrell said.

The DPP triple LNB's have 3 outputs, and each output can support one receiver (using DPP separator at dual tuner receivers). As TheKrell said, if it's an Eastern Arc dish, the 301 will not work since EA only supports MPEG-4 equipment, if it's Western Arc, it'll work fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts