Current OLN Status (It is on Ch 151 on DISH)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
This hasnt been reported here that I could see :)

Here is the current OLN status :)

Lets warm up channel 151 :D For all you FTA people bust out them DBS LNB's as its now free to air, for now ;)

Attachments

• OLN.JPG
    OLN.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 358
I'm not sure if this is good or bad, given the slide template is gone? Could be they are setting up the uplink?

What happened to the news item that was on the front page? I've never seen one disappear. Does someone know something we don't? Was the info wrong?

I took it as a turn for the worse. Why would they make a slide then remove it before ever showing it to customers? I think the deal was not complete and the parties walked away at the last minute.

I took the front page thread and merged it here.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=63499

OLN coming back wasn't official, so really not

yeah that link just adds to the lingo.

It said they were "close to an agreement" "expected soon"

doesn't say it happened....

goaliebob99 said:
This hasnt been reported here that I could see :)

Here is the current OLN status :)

Lets warm up channel 151 :D For all you FTA people bust out them DBS LNB's as its now free to air, for now ;)

I thought the feeds go in the WUT area only?

Very dissappointing News. I guess I got my hopes up when those earlier reports stating that OLN would be turned on today. Hopefully a deal can still be done before the playoffs are over.

digiblur said:
I thought the feeds go in the WUT area only?

Normally they do, but because this has a signifagant dish tie to it and the possablity of future or non future programming, I thought it was best to post here. :) ... Still no status change on OLN BTW

You know, reading these threads you would think that there were millions and millions of hockey fans out there that are just clammoring for Hockey. But when hockey games are on NBC, their ratings generally show that they draw at most 1.1 million viewers. That is abismal! Considering there are 130 million households with 3 viewers each? These ratings for a broadcast network wont pay the light bill!

Ratings for OLN hockey have been averaging 100,000 viewers (not housholds).

Just to put things in perspective here. If all those 100,000 viewers of OLN Hockey were to be Dish Network subscribers and they all canceled Dish due to the current OLN issue, Dish's subscriber numbers would go from 12,800,000 to 12,700,000.

I try to keep this in mind when I read the threads about OLN on Dish.

See ya
Tony

Just heard a report over IRC that supposivly OLN is now uplinked to channel 151, no EPG info but they are showing Bull Riding right now... Can anyone (JohnH, Tony?) confirm? It has yet to showup on my reciever (is it bad that I am forcing a hard rest every 5 minutes right now?haha)

The numbers game doesn't JIVE with me.
The Sport of Hockey was growing in viewership BEFORE the owners locked out the players, canceling the season, now they have changed the rules to be more FAN FRIENDLY and to create more scoring opportunities, you will see an increase in viewers as soon as SOMEONE is consistant in showing the NHL, ESPECIALLY with High Definition in the picture now.
The problem with the OLD NHL, was it did NOT translate to TV very well, you didn't see the action BEHIND the play, or the speed of the game, but now you will, with Wide Screen HD Signals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)