Current Pricing for Two Hoppers Two Joey's

For only $4 more, I'd say it's a no-brainer! You'll have to jump through a couple of hoops to get 2H/0J, but it certainly is doable!

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

3HaloODST said:
For only $4 more, I'd say it's a no-brainer! You'll have to jump through a couple of hoops to get 2H/0J, but it certainly is doable!

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Can you explain these hoops for me? I currently have 1H/1J, but would like 2H/0J. I've seen folks mentioning it is difficult to make this happen. Why?

Probably because they don't want to give out $600 boxes to people who only have two TVs but need 6+ tuners. They only make $7 per month from that second hopper and a Joey is only $99 msrp instead of $600.Most people can get away with a hopper Joey setup and never really have issues, it's more the power user type customers who are demanding two hoppers instead of joeys. I can understand why they wouldn't want to give out two boxes with six tuners total for people who don't need it and can use a normal set up with a Joey.most people don't really need 6+ tuners.

It must depend upon account. I was given 2 Hoppers and 4 Joeys for $100, including installation. $100. That was all for everything.

I would imagine that right now they want the first Hoppers to go into homes who would use it for whole home distribution. Later, once inventories are extremely high, they will probably let Hopper only systems in the CSR work orders. Also, the requirement of a Joey is probably due to economies, at least for a while. They probably really want the extra $7 per month to get returns sooner. After a while, they won't need that return as badly and will probably end the requirement. This has been the pattern with Dish over many years.

I took Halo's diagram told them it was an official dish network authorized install three hopper diagram and this is is the only way to install it and they were fine with it. Otherwise they wanted to put another dish on the side of my house and all kinds of other things so its important to explain it as its a dish networks authorized install of three hoppers otherwise they will do whatever they personally want to do. For them it's easier and cheaper to just throw up another dish and call it a day. When my installer was done it kind of looked like a cable piece of art.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
I was able to receive one hopper one joey for $0 with a 24 month commitment. I've been with Dish 12 years or so and 2 more years is fine by me.
Can you tell me how you got that? Was it over the phone? Now that they have the OTA tuner, I'd like to upgrade but I'd rather pay $0 than $50+$30 for a 1H/1J + 1 OTA Tuner. I was told by the DIRT team that the free upgrade was for new customers only.

sethwell said:
Dish's computers won't allow a 2H/0J system. So you would need to get a 2H/2J system and then return the two unused joeys.

Sent from my Phone using SatelliteGuys

I don't think that's 100% accurate. I spoke with DIRT and apparently it varies from account to account. They checked for me and naturally, it wasn't available for me. Granted, I am a fairly new customer who doesn't spend a ton of money on my package. As someone else mentioned, I think right now it comes down to cost. The Joey is so much cheaper than the Hopper...the $7 a month they make on the Joey is worth it to them...$7 a month for an extra Hopper, not so much. Again, I think if you've been a customer for a while and you spend some decent money, you may get a different result. Just my thought.

sethwell said:
Dish's computers won't allow a 2H/0J system. So you would need to get a 2H/2J system and then return the two unused joeys.

Sent from my Phone using SatelliteGuys

To be clear though, Seth is correct in how people are skinning that cat. Get the extra Joeys and either refuse them at installation, or return the Joeys after.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)