Current TV to Launch Today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Subject: PROGRAMMING UPDATE - Current TV Launch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Effective January 31, 2007 by 5pm ET, DISH Network will launch Current TV into America’s Top 200 (formerly America’s Top 120) and in America’s Top 200+HD (formerly DISH HD Silver).

Current is a global television network that gives you the opportunity to create and influence what airs on TV. It is the place young adults go to get connected and stay current. Current is about what's going on: stories from the real world, told by you. Current is the best place to find viewer-created content, or VC2. Right now, VC2 makes up about a third of our channel — and that share is growing. We slice our schedule into short segments that we call pods — each just a few minutes long. You'll see profiles of interesting people on the rise, intelligence on trends and international news from new perspectives. This is definitely not a traditional TV network. Watching Current, you'll see more, on more topics, from more points of view. And much of it comes straight from you.

The updated information regarding the station is:

Station:
CRNTV

DISH Network Channel:

Satellite:

Packages:
AT200 & Higher
AT200+HD

Maybe I'm just judging too early, but I'm not real excited about the "Al Gore" channel... :rolleyes:

At least dish is adding to the lineup early in the year though.

looking at the program guide, it seems to have a left slant and all shows are less than 5-10 mins...

A left slant? I never would have thought that coming from Al Gore. It'll probably be the "All Global Warming, All the Time" channel.

HA!

Yea, I was kinda hoping that even though he is a chairman or whatever for the network, that there might be some useful content... I haven't found anything worth watching.

I wonder how dish is going to fix the program guide up, if every show is like 1-5 mins long.

I already have issues recording stuff like aqua teen hungerforce because its a 15 min show, and it's shown as a different show and being a half hour long on the guide in my 622.

Here is the guide for current: http://www.currenttv.com/network

Lots of junk.

HA!

Yea, I was kinda hoping that even though he is a chairman or whatever for the network, that there might be some useful content... I haven't found anything worth watching.

I wonder how dish is going to fix the program guide up, if every show is like 1-5 mins long.

I already have issues recording stuff like aqua teen hungerforce because its a 15 min show, and it's shown as a different show and being a half hour long on the guide in my 622.

Here is the guide for current: http://www.currenttv.com/network

Lots of junk.

They probably can't. Like on AnamaniaHD there are a lot of 10-15 minute shows but the guide only displays the ones that start at the top or bottom of the hour. Say at 12:00 and 12:30 but it will not show the 12:15 show in the guide.

It's weird because I would do a search for aqua teen and it would pop up in the search results, but when i'd click it, it would try to record the show that came on AFTER it... metalocolypse. So, I click aqua teen, and next screen says metalocolypse....

Finally I tried a manual timer from like 12:00 - 12:15 I think, and then magically it discovered it was aqua teen I was trying to record.

Kinda agrravating if you have a dish dvr and it can't even record what you want it to without a struggle.

I for one am excited for the channel. I have watched it online, and while not every show is for everyone, they change often enough that you don't have to wait for long for something new to be showing.

In fact I have seen quite a few good documentaries on this channel, about things that I might have never thought about. It is a good addition. Thanks Dish!

As for the left wing slant, well.... it is Al Gore's channel! :) That said much of the content is user submitted, and most of it shows up on the web site, and then users vote on what gets pushed to the television channel. So it is what the users want to watch, if you want more right wing slant, then start voting on the site!

They probably can't. Like on AnamaniaHD there are a lot of 10-15 minute shows but the guide only displays the ones that start at the top or bottom of the hour. Say at 12:00 and 12:30 but it will not show the 12:15 show in the guide.

the animania guide in particualr never even comes that close.

I for one am excited for the channel. I have watched it online, and while not every show is for everyone, they change often enough that you don't have to wait for long for something new to be showing.

In fact I have seen quite a few good documentaries on this channel, about things that I might have never thought about. It is a good addition. Thanks Dish!

As for the left wing slant, well.... it is Al Gore's channel! :) That said much of the content is user submitted, and most of it shows up on the web site, and then users vote on what gets pushed to the television channel. So it is what the users want to watch, if you want more right wing slant, then start voting on the site!

I like the idea of the channel, but the demographic isn't probably going to vote anything with a right slant... and to top it off, i'd rather not watch anything with that sorta content that is politically slanted.

The description was that they show tech stuff and more than just politically motivated content, but maybe its me, but most of what i saw listed on teh website looked like it had some political slant behind it.

i definately wouldnt watch it live, and now dvr'ing is out of the question because of whatever retarded limitation that dish has with their program guide and 30 min chunks.

i wonder if whoever signed them on even realized that there would be guide issues...

All right wing slants will be deposited in the Locked Box!.:D

I sure hope that what dish network has for their EPG on current tv isn't permant. the 8 hour block of the channel, that's ALL it has right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts