Current update on 3ABN, Spirit & GEB

I did find this page at Sky Angel

We here at Sky Angel do our best to provide you, our valued subscribers, the quality service you deserve, and we want to thank you for your continued patience during this difficult time.

We continue to work with EchoStar to restore the channels that are still experiencing technical difficulties. Though we believe it may be technically feasible to restore these channels, there remain other issues that must be worked out with EchoStar before restoration is possible. We are working as quickly as possible to resolve these issues. Regrettably there is no assurance at this time that we will be able to do so.

Please understand our call center representatives have no further information to give you at this time. Sky Angel asks our subscribers, and programmers for their prayers and support as we try to deal with this unfortunate situation.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

http://www.skyangel.com/About/Index.asp?reference=outage

I need a channel file list for a manhattan skyline 1000 receiver. I need the channel list for the adventist channels on AMC 4. If anuone have a file please share it.

greggor

you should be able to enter the info

3ABN
11722 freq
H polarity
5700 symbol rate

Hope Channel
11983 freq
H polarity
5900 symbol rate

Gary,
I didn't even see your post, you must've posted while I was posting earlier.
How did you come across that at Sky Angel, I couldn't find it. I tried searching and could not come up with anything.
Thanks, for the link.

MellowYBird said:
Gary,
I didn't even see your post, you must've posted while I was posting earlier.
How did you come across that at Sky Angel, I couldn't find it. I tried searching and could not come up with anything.
Thanks, for the link.

MellowYBird,

There is no link on the Sky Angel site.... someone posted that link last week and I bookmarked it. I don't know how they found it.

Gary

Last edited:
I'm going out on a limb here, just hear me out. I think for SA to survive at this point would be to make agreements with 3ABN and/or SES/Americom and move there services over to AMC 4. I feel that SA could use 3ABN facilties and uplink, to uplink everything on that satellite and make arrangements w/ SES for maybe 3 more transponder, 4 in all. This could help in getting the service back up to full power and bring it more into the middle of the arc. This would help those out in the west with the service as well. SA would have to replace the dishes with lnb LO freq. of 10750. Anyone with an old primestar dish could tune to it with that, etc. At this point SA and Dish knows E3 is going, going and could be gone before it's over with. It's a thought.

if Spirit and TVU ever go KU instead of C-Band, I will be putting up a FTA system. KU already has JC-TV and the TBN Suite that you cant get on skyangel or the small dish providers.

cablewithaview said:
then again people could use the super dish and align up on AMC 15 or E9. Since Dish is moving over some locals and stuff over to E5.

They're actually moving locals to E10 (110 degrees) :)

Are the channels back up?

Important alert from Sky Angel
Three of Sky Angel's channels have been experiencing technical difficulties. We continue to work with EchoStar to restore the channels that are still experiencing technical difficulties. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

I actually saw this on another forum, but I went to the link and it is there if you click on the 'Contact Us' link on Sky Angel's website.

http://www.skyangel.com/Contact/RequestContact.asp?IdS=0011F7-6F1FF20&x=007|010&~=

Just watching 3ABN live Danny Shelton said that he talked to Kathy Johnson, he said things seem postitive about 3ABN being back on Sky Angel

I'm guessing EchoStar is going to let SA use the other transponders since Dish is moving over to another bird?
Ice, I don't know if there back up, I was hoping someone else would chime in.

3ABN has sent you the following message:

TEN COMMANDMENT WEEKEND UPDATE: In the event 3ABN hasn't been restored on Sky Angel by May 5 & 6, Sky Angel has graciously agreed to air 3ABN on Channel 9702 from 7:00 PM ET to Midnight on May 5th and from 9:00 AM ET to 9:00 PM ET on May 6th.

So this was the deal I guess. Was hoping that they would have move the 3 channels to on of the 12645 not that the local channels are gone to E* 10.

I'm glad to see that there are some compromises being reached. This way, 3ABN can make sure no one will miss their special programming, and SA* is hopefully able to show customers that they genuinely want to resolve the problem, and have nothing against the programmers of the affected channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts