Custom Dish Instilation to help reduce rainfade

cyoung1982

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
I have a bunch of channel master dishes laying around and have found a location to buy replacement parts to turn them into dish capable of recieving dish network signals. my idea is to set up 3 of these dishes, one at 110, one at 119 and one at 129 with dishpro lnb's on them. which switch would i need to purchase in order to make this work? t dp33, dp34 or dp44?

thanks

Either switch will work, depends on how many receivers and what type.

DPP 33 will support 3 receivers either single or Dual Tuner
DP 34 will support 4 single tuner receivers
DP 44 will support 4 receivers single of dual Tuner

i have lots of 70e, 75e, and 84e dishes. i currently have 3 84e dishes setup for FTA pointed at the 101, 103 and 123 sats which are the ones i had in mind to retask into dish network dishes once I buy a receiver. I had planned on getting a 322 receiver since the way the cable guy setup the line in this room where the receiver will be at I can power the livingroom tv and my bedroom tv off the same receiver. the 84e dishes are like 39 inches across and 30inches high.

my idea is to set up 3 of these dishes, one at 110, one at 119 and one at 129 with dishpro lnb's on them.
Are you having fade problems now, or is this an exercise? Outside of Southern Texas and maybe the Seattle area, I can't imagine many WA installs that are all that impaired.

just an experiment. I currently dont have dish but have my local cable company and am sick of paying 50 bucks a month for less than 60 channels. I liberated a dish500 dish from being taken to the dumpyard by a neighbor who got directv instead and the installer just dumped the dish on the ground so I used my mother's old 2700 receiver thats inactive I aligned the dish and used it to watch Nasatv before the nagravision3 switch since that channel was free. I frequently got tired of storms knocking the signal out back when we had dish network when I was in school back when the dish500 first came out, so since these dishes are larger than the dish network provided dishes I thought I would experiement to see if they reduced or even killed the rainfade in a storm.

The satellites are more powerful now. I'm not convinced that a preemptive strike is necessary.

That being said, I have a Dish 500/ 30" dish combo on the corner of my roof from when E5 was wobbling at 129W.

A 322 is a SD receiver so you probably won't get anything from the 129 satellite. Try a 1000.2 dish with a 222 receiver, new receiver stronger satellites see if you are bothered by rain fade. Even with a 30" dish you will have rain fade in a heavy storm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)