Customer Service (4th worst)

Well I have to say that last weekend I took care of setting up my Aunt( my 2nd account in my name) for the mover promo so she could get sat service at her new address this next Friday. I told them the new address on the phone and she said she had it and read it back to me. I checked online on the account to make sure that it was the right address. It wasn't . She had Poke street instead of POLK and 191 instead of 91. I had to recall and talk to DISH again to get the address back to what it was. I also made the csr stay on the line while I checked online the account to confirm the correct address.

Also the same day I took care of that , I installed a new sat dish at my parents house ( on my 3rd account in my name)and called to give the new service address and he said he had it , turned on the locals and I said thanks. I checked online that night as well to see if it was the correct address. The only thing he got right was the city and zip code. The street address was the old one. So I called again to give the correct address and got the foreigner from the 7-11 store ,who could not spell. I had to spell the street address 5 times till he got it right. I then made him stay on the line while I checked again to make sure it was right.

So 4 phone calls and I would say around 15-20 minutes of my time over the length of one day , to do a simple address change, and a dish mover program. Don't know why DISH has such a poor reputation with customer service.:rollingeyes

Maybe it is because of Dirt and the control they offer you with online changes (better than Direct), but over the last 5 years Dish hasn't been a hassle for me.

Well I have to say that last weekend I took care of setting up my Aunt( my 2nd account in my name) for the mover promo so she could get sat service at her new address this next Friday. I told them the new address on the phone and she said she had it and read it back to me. I checked online on the account to make sure that it was the right address. It wasn't . She had Poke street instead of POLK and 191 instead of 91. I had to recall and talk to DISH again to get the address back to what it was. I also made the csr stay on the line while I checked online the account to confirm the correct address.

Also the same day I took care of that , I installed a new sat dish at my parents house ( on my 3rd account in my name)and called to give the new service address and he said he had it , turned on the locals and I said thanks. I checked online that night as well to see if it was the correct address. The only thing he got right was the city and zip code. The street address was the old one. So I called again to give the correct address and got the foreigner from the 7-11 store ,who could not spell. I had to spell the street address 5 times till he got it right. I then made him stay on the line while I checked again to make sure it was right.

So 4 phone calls and I would say around 15-20 minutes of my time over the length of one day , to do a simple address change, and a dish mover program. Don't know why DISH has such a poor reputation with customer service.:rollingeyes

Curious, for an address update, why did you not use the chat option? That is the only way that I have ever done it and it takes about three minutes.

Curious, for an address update, why did you not use the chat option? That is the only way that I have ever done it and it takes about three minutes.
Tried to do the online chat and was told that they couldn't do that online and I would have to call their main number and talk to a supervisor. Never have had that happen and I have used online chat in the past for updates like this. This was on Saturday and I don't know if they have a different policy for online chats or they hire people who are not that up to date on DISH policies.

DIRT...:rollingeyes

Tried to do the online chat and was told that they couldn't do that online and I would have to call their main number and talk to a supervisor. Never have had that happen and I have used online chat in the past for updates like this. This was on Saturday and I don't know if they have a different policy for online chats or they hire people who are not that up to date on DISH policies.

Hmm, it is possible, I have never had that issue, but then again I have not changed my address in a while.

Chat should be able to change addresses and set up movers. There isn't really anything stopping them.... Interesting.

I had the same thing happen to me earlier this week. I had to do an online chat to get the street address corrected. Of course, the first time I called to change the service address, I was told that they could change service addresses for RV's, but since it is a house, they would have to schedule a technician visit. So, the 2nd time I called, I said I was in a RV. That was probably why they only changed the city and zip code for the different locals. So, after a total of two phone calls and an online chat, I was finally able to get the correct service address on my account.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Of course, the first time I called to change the service address, I was told that they could change service addresses for RV's, but since it is a house, they would have to schedule a technician visit.

Of Course? Never have seen a post of DISH refusing by saying you must have a technician, what did you tell them? I may be missing another circumstance, but the only time I am aware of where DISH insists on sending a tech is to install a Hopper set-up unless you buy your own or move and tell them it is already installed. People move or "move" all the time and install themselves and simply call.

I had Dish, and it is not nearly as bad as the SiriusXM radio customer service since I've had the service last March.
I have Sat radio.....I agree. Their use of the "Mumbai connection" for their customer service is HORRIBLE.......But, it's cheap and useful. so I keep the service.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Of Course? Never have seen a post of DISH refusing by saying you must have a technician, what did you tell them? I may be missing another circumstance, but the only time I am aware of where DISH insists on sending a tech is to install a Hopper set-up unless you buy your own or move and tell them it is already installed. People move or "move" all the time and install themselves and simply call.
I mis-spoke (or rather, mis-typed). Usually, I do not have this type of problem moving with Dish, but I have read about Directv requiring a technician visit every time you move if they suspect you are a "mover." As far as what I told them, I simply said that I moved and I needed to change the service address on my account. When I was asked about scheduling an installation, I said that everything was already hooked up. That was when the CSR asked if it was a RV. I was honest (on the first call) and said that it is a house. Then, I got the response that I posted above. I guess I must have gotten a clueless CSR. I said that a technician visit would only make sense if I was upgrading my equipment. I decided that if Dish was going to require a technician visit, I should take advantage of it, so I ended up reopening my closed account, and moved it to the address where I had been using a dying 501 to watch free previews, and I was able to get a free replacement receiver with free installation and free premium channels for three months. Then, I called back to move the account I was trying to move the first time, and it worked the way I described in my previous post.

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)