This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Customer Service Dishonest Upsell Tatics

This is more of a hit on Colorado than Dish. It’s a blanket rule, however AZ is the only state that protects medical marijuana as a medicine. I know because they tried to fire one of my reps, he had his card, threatened lawsuit, they brought him back with a nice promotion, raise, time off, back pay, etc. How often does Charlie turn down a case. Now as a medical user myself, I supported their decision. The employee handbook is clear, and unfortunately if your state doesn’t protect you, then it is not really the companies fault. A lot of misconceptions with medical in the US currently. I do think they could change their policy, but it is tied into their health insurance as well. More to the story than meets the eye, as usual.

Reactions: TheKrell
I thought pretty much all VIP equipment was obsolete and no longer activated on any accounts.

I don't like those CSR games either. I own my equipment and purchase what I want knowing I will be with Dish for sometime. When I have called the CSR tries to talk me into a Hopper, but I decline. The old VIP211k I have the built in OTA tuner as well as the outboard HDD, no fees, which I like. If I change receivers I would lose everything off the HDD as I would have to re-format it, plus I like the OTA tuner in the 211k. Fortunately there are used ones on the market if I need a backup. I had my old SD 2700 for years until I bought the vip211k. I know some day Dish may not continue to authorize the 211k, but I will switch when I have good reason to. I bought the Fire Stick to get Dish Anywhere, so I most of what I need.

thats interesting, i wonder why my installer said he installed 2 of the 722k's earlier that day?
The only time we install them is to replace one that goes bad, and that's rare anymore, but much like MPEG-2 or SD equipment, at some point, there won't be a choice. Dish is aligning to a common GUI/Format and sadly for some, it's the Hopper standard

Reactions: navychop