Customer signup follies: How are DVR fees handled?

OoTLink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
I was messing around with the dish config stuff a few minutes ago and noticed something really odd that threw me off.

http://www.dishtv.com/digital_recording_system.jsp

Take a look at 3 and 4 rooms' "option 2"..

Yep, dual 625s... but there's a weird thing here, shouldn't they both cost the same, since you have 2 625s?

And that's where my question comes.. does dish charge you DVR fees per TV, or per 625? Would you pay $10 a month for DVR and $5 a month for the extra box as I think? Seems to make sense..

If that's the case, then 4 TVs and option #2 should cost the same as it does if you have 3 TVs! Must be them still trying to get rid of the 510s heheh.

I am a newbie at this but I will throw my hat into the ring. It was told that the DVR fee is per 625 box as the 625 boxes cover 2 tv's. The only reason I can thing that 4 room option 2 is more is because somehow they are charging you $5 per box on top of the $5 for the DVR service. I am unsure though, just a thought.

The strange part, is according to the retailer business rules, a customer can only lease 1 625 per account. If they want a 2nd one, they will need to purchase it.

Yeah, and from what I can tell it'd be $4.98 for the first box and $9.98 for the 2nd (DVR + 2nd box fee) :)

I guess for those who are starting out new, they should know their service will be $10 a month less than is specced for that 4 room setup :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts