Customer's Who Are Rude And Want Everything Free

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
CANDYGIRL said:
you wrong boise has the biggest call center texas is a convergys call center and they are only spanish speakin reps, doris has all the questions to your answers

Wow, Doris has all those answers? Where? Give me a search term to use to pull up the answer to each of those questions since it knows.

Peh, Doris sucks. Also, whomever write her up needs to use a SPELLCHECK.

~

P.S. Since you're a CSR... In -STMS-... What're the steps (Use your F-keys if you want) to do the following: (Note, I say STMS since ANYBODY that has worked for DTV for any time was trained and used STMS.)

Resend Authorizations
Change IPPV to N
Put a single access card in DCRD
To reactivate a DCRD access card
Also, how do you find the date the access card was ACTIVATED in STMS? (Not the account.)

Thanks!

Always interesting reading this post, always funny to see how E* and D* signal integrity are strikingly similar and funny that people think they can track where the reciever is at any given point. Only time that is the case is when you connect a phone line to allow D*/E* to verify location IDs. Candy I don't know what your level if tech knowledge is but a customer can thereotically throw their reciever in a creek and call in 2 months later to complain about it as you may have seen, how would D* know?

I have never responded to this board previously. This is my first post here, although I am a member of other forums and have lurked here in the past. The reason I am so compelled to register and post is the dearth of knowledge about the capability of D* and more importantly, the amount of complete ignorance of people responding to CANDYGIRLS original post. First off, nobody has directly responded to CANDYGIRLS first post. NOT ONE POST has addressed her concerns. Instead, there has been much discussion about D* capability to track down cheats, and LONGHORNs insufferably long and drawn out responses mostly designed to show how important an individual he is. Give me a break!

For the record, I am a DOD employee, with clearances, and most of what LONGHORN spews is nothing more than an attempt to get recognition. He is the classic example of someone crying out for attention. I used to believe that LONGHORN had a brother connected to D* and he had inside information, but no more.

As far as CANDYGIRLS claim that D* can track the location of the receiver, to all of you who blew her out of the water for this remark, I disagree, to a point. I am not affiliated with D*, but, it is possible that they can to the extent that she referred to in her original post. If they send a satellite call back message to the receiver and send it over spot beams individually, and use an intelligent algorithm, then they can narrow it down to a location where it actually receives the message.

Six pages of responses to her original email have not repudiated a single point she made in her original post. And several have been flat out ignorant. Instead, the majority of responses have been flames or rants totally off topic, IMHO.

Could you explain how they could send the single IRD a "call back" message when the dish itself doesn't TRANSMIT anything? If the IRD isn't connected to a phone line, it's not going to make a phone call. However, when the IRD -DOES- make a phone call back. (Which can be requested.) It will transfer the CallerID information with the 'catchup' information. So, what we're saying is... Yes, if DTV requested a 'callback' of course the IRD would reply. However, it cannot 'phone home' if the phone jack is just UNPLUGGED.

As I stated, I don't work for D*, so I don't know what they do. All I'm saying is that it would be quite easy to ask the caller where they live, or look up their location information on file. From there, send a signal to a spot beam that doesn't reach that location to turn on their box to receive a particular channel. Ask the caller, while on the line, if they can receive that channel, If not, continue to send that signal through different spot beams, based on an algorithm, until the spot beam can be received. In that way, D* could identify the kind of fraud that CANDYGIRL alluded to in her first post.

davesrave said:
As I stated, I don't work for D*, so I don't know what they do. All I'm saying is that it would be quite easy to ask the caller where they live, or look up their location information on file. From there, send a signal to a spot beam that doesn't reach that location to turn on their box to receive a particular channel. Ask the caller, while on the line, if they can receive that channel, If not, continue to send that signal through different spot beams, based on an algorithm, until the spot beam can be received. In that way, D* could identify the kind of fraud that CANDYGIRL alluded to in her first post.

Satellites for TV service don't work that way and common sense should answer this for you. Now as you so nicely pointed out I might have said a little much and reading my posts it would seem to an outsider as a cry for attention. I was saying why D* couldn't do this based on my knowledge and any forum member at some point will come across as crying for attention. Now it happens to be that my brother does work high up with D* but that is neither here nor there and I expect people to question this at various times and its something the web just can't ignore and users are unable to avoid this. That is the nature of the web and it is what it is. I've proven myself with my contacts and even KenH on AVS and others here kept getting dates for ESPN 2 HD and TNT HD and I said before that nothing would be added until close to the end of the year and I did say that those two channels could be added but more than likely they wouldn't. Now Yes HD suprised me and it was a pretty sudden deal that I wasn't aware of that.

Now I don't expect you to read all of this but don't forget that good information sometimes requires more than two lines of text but I will admit I could get rid of many lines that I type that maybe aren't needed but these are forums and as such I type what I'm thinking within reason and I'm not going to sit here and decide what not to keep because one person might not like this or that because someone will always find something they don't like.

I hope you stay a member and provide what you happen to know with our fellow members. I respect your opinions and we can always use a good member here.

Well, CANDYGIRL has some things right, however SI does not have any way of immediately knowing where the customer's recievers are located, any more than a standard CSR - SI conducts investigations based on the service address, for the most part. Also, all phone numbers are recorded when you call in (though some are trunk #s for cell phone companies) and if a person consistantly calls from WAY out of state and has rather.. suspicious activity on their account, like, say 20 irds and tcpremier in a service address listed as an apartment, an agent might send a heads up to SI. SI can make a successful callback from all irds the determining factor in a person's service - ie. if you have only a cell phone, you will need to get a land line and hook up a phone to your ird. As a DTV agent taking supervisor calls, I have only gotten to deal with SI twice, so it's not something most anyone will ever have to worry about.

Oh, and in regards to davesrave's comment - I only wish we had that much control over the satellites from work!

F2, arrow down to resend all authorizations
Hit the do key (-)

Ff2, access card, arrow all the down to ippv, arrow down below charge mirroring fee, and on ippv mark no, hit the do key (-)

F10 discconnect menu, disconnect dss, yes for disconnect I for immeadiate hit the do key (-)

F2, reactivate card hit the do key (-)

F2 select the correct access card and page down once. Once again hit the do key (-)

Are ya happy ya happy yet?

ps. doris only sucks if you do not know how to use it or naviagate it? which agents have full acess to stms/billing, since they made it read only a couple of sunday's ago?? which call type???

P.S. Since you're a CSR... In -STMS-... What're the steps (Use your F-keys if you want) to do the following: (Note, I say STMS since ANYBODY that has worked for DTV for any time was trained and used STMS.)

Resend Authorizations
Change IPPV to N
Also, how do you find the date the access card was ACTIVATED in STMS? (Not the account.)

Thanks![/QUOTE]

it took you this long to post the reply??

you are either an outbased entry level tech or had to call someone to get the info.

you say that boise is small and you can do all they can do?

why then is iss closed now and the # is 1.888.**0.7827 that is at boise, the MAIN call center. two months ago the main frame at boise went down and you were all off. you can have problems and i can call boise and get a cx activated, why??

Resend Authorizations
F2, arrow down to resend all authorizations
Hit the do key (-)
-
Wow, correct!

Change IPPV to N
Ff2, access card, arrow all the down to ippv, arrow down below charge mirroring fee, and on ippv mark no, hit the do key (-)
-
Erm, from Show Sub:
F2 -> Correct Card -> F2 -> Override Access-Card Defaults -> Allow IPPV -> 'N' -> 'Do' (OPPV is the only one you can just do 'N' to on the access card screen.)

F10 discconnect menu, disconnect dss, yes for disconnect I for immeadiate hit the do key (-)
-
Yes, that's correct... Except I think you have to press 'Enter' after that 'Do' to 'okay' to DCRD services on that access card.

F2, reactivate card hit the do key (-)
-
Yes, mostly correct.

F2 select the correct access card and page down once. Once again hit the do key (-)
-
Erm, why the HECK do you press the 'Do' key here?
F2 -> Correct Card -> PgDn and it shows right there as "Activated Date:" and also has "Replaced Date:". No need to 'Do'.

Wow, I hope 'CANDYGIRL' is okay... s/he hasn't posted to this thread in such a long time...

~

the U.S.A

h0m3rs1mps0n said:
Although I don't necessarily agree with everything the OP said, I will say that the general attitude of this country is:
1. I want it my way
2. I want it now
3. I want it free

Its sad (especially when you get good service from someone) but thats how it is. Some friends of my parents' go out to eat every night and they go to some of the best restaurants and every single night they get their meals for free because they complain about everything. I asked them if they feel bad about it and they say "Nope, if they are going to give it to us for free, why pay for it?".

To me, that is a terrible attitude but it certainly explains a lot of problems with the U.S.

sorry to post to this so late,but i just seen it, most people in this country don't do that, and some people in every country does that, so, if you don't like it here, there is a plane leaving every 30 min.you won't be missed

chastulsa said:
You failed to correct the post above this reply. The oklahoma call center is not outsourced, at one time it was (WEST COMMICATIONS) not its a Directv owned center here in Tulsa. I would be glad to take a picture and post it with the nice BIG D* (D*=Directv). and just incase we are all wrong I asked my contact (has high authority) and there is no such thing as a monitoring system. The autocall by receiver is the main defense. You must work at the cable company they have a system like that :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Both have been right about Oklahoma. There are two centers in Oklahoma. Tulsa is Directv owned, Moore is Convergys.

cobra55 said:
sorry to post to this so late,but i just seen it, most people in this country don't do that, and some people in every country does that, so, if you don't like it here, there is a plane leaving every 30 min.you won't be missed

The key to DTV and Dish Network is that they are supposed to be cheaper and better than COMCAST or any cable outlet because cable companies cannot and will not compete with the 2 sat casters. I know for fact because I work in broadcasting and know well how it works. DTV can and will continue to give things away in the retention dept to outsmart the cable pigs as the cable pigs hardly ever give anything away for free. So I don't see anything wrong with getting a few free months worth of Showtime or $5 off a month for 6 months. It's keeping their customer base away from the cable pigs and providing a better service.

Regarding subcontracting - the bottom line is if D* is offering (free or for-fee) installation as part of their service, they take responsibility for successfully delivering that service. Subcontracting does not get them off the hook as it was their choice to handle it that way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)