Cut Wire

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Domf3962

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
I had some work done in my basement today. One of the contractors had to get to a beam to install some wire for some electrical service for something in my kitchen in doing so he CUT my wire to my dish thus disconnecting me from my service. I have not yet called DTV to tell them but what do you think they will say I am sure hoping i do not have to pay for any wiring that needs to be doen. The contractor was more than gld to pick up the fee. Any thoughts thanks.

Well if he is paying just run down to radio shack and:

A: buy a length of RG6 and replace the entire run that he cut
B: buy 2 male ends for each side of the cut and one F/F coupler (not advised but cheap and quick)

charper1 said:
Well if he is paying just run down to radio shack and:

A: buy a length of RG6 and replace the entire run that he cut
B: buy 2 male ends for each side of the cut and one F/F coupler (not advised but cheap and quick)

Thats what i was thinking. Cripes I hate hights :eek:

The best splice is the Snap-N-Seal inline splice for a direct connection between two cable ends. It's like the two Snap-N-Seal compression connectors made into one piece end-to-end. I use these often to repair cut wires. The barrel connector degrades the signal.

Just fix the cut with a couple of connectors and a barrel to get you through until DTV can come out and do the repair. Anything less than an unbroken run from the LNB to the receiver/multiswitch is non-standard. Let DTV fix it and send the contractor the bill.
I would never suggest the customer climb a ladder and replace cable himself.

DTVSatman said:
Good point. $5.99/mo sounds like a lot until something happens...

Yes Ihave the protection plan i will let them do it. Better than me. No ladders for me. :)

Jeeze..... and I have three breaks in my lines... One for the grounding block as it enters the roof, one inside the structured media panel, and one at the wall..........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)