Cutting the cord

Status
Please reply by conversation.

linvbro

Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
I have been a Directv customer since the beginning, but my finances have changed and can no longer afford their service.
I own a HR24 and AM21 and was wondering, if I cancel Directv, would I still be able to record and watch OTA.

unfortunately the receiver will be totally disabled shortly after deactivating, even the am21

I have been a Directv customer since the beginning, but my finances have changed and can no longer afford their service.
I own a HR24 and AM21 and was wondering, if I cancel Directv, would I still be able to record and watch OTA.
Buy a Channelmaster OTA DVR and you can watch and record OTA television with no monthly bill. More and more are doing this.

Yeah Channel Master OTA DVR or TabloTV both good alternatives, I have Tablo and I love it, I must warn you that despite all its great features such as remote streaming etc, Tablo is still a little slow if you do a lot of quick Live TV channel switching, it's also still a little rough on some of the DVR features as well, but they are working around the clock and improving it with each new update.

If you connect your TV to an OTA antenna directly, you can receive TV free. Depending on your location you'll need either an indoor TV antenna or an outdoor one. Plenty to choose from, but again you'll have to make your choice depending on your location. You can try tvfool.com as a starter.

Only if your TV has a digital tuner. If you have an older TV you may not have a digital tuner. In that case, you will need a box of some sort.

If you go with the Channel Master, you would have access to Netflix, etc. if you are keeping your Internet.

I would hang onto the AM-21, if you plan on returning back to Direct later on, when the finances get better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)