Cv Vs Fios

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wawaj

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
I'm currently a CV customer---I can now change to FIOS--Disregarding price can someone please tell me if they've had any problemswith FIOS and how there HD DVR is compared to cable--I currently have a Motorolla 8300HD DVR and basically it's been pretty good---not too many problems

People have said thePQ is much better with FIOS then with cable--Is that true and how did the FIOS installation go?

Thank you very much in advance to responding to my questions

I'm currently a CV customer---I can now change to FIOS--Disregarding price can someone please tell me if they've had any problemswith FIOS and how there HD DVR is compared to cable--I currently have a Motorolla 8300HD DVR and basically it's been pretty good---not too many problems

People have said thePQ is much better with FIOS then with cable--Is that true and how did the FIOS installation go?

You wont find much difference between the PVR's. PQ is soo much better. Hot just the HD content, but also the SD content is clearer. The way to tell is to watcha football game in HD. Watch as the camera pans side to side. On a good HD picture there will be little to no bluring.

Of course, there is also price. I do not know anyone that has claimed Fios is more expensive.

Now for Internet. No comparison. Cable was slow, unreliable, and customer service did not exist. Fios is the opposite of that.

Of course, there is also price. I do not know anyone that has claimed Fios is more expensive.

I agree with your assessment except for one thing. Cable systems have around 80 analog stations that don't require a stb. This is where people can save money over Fios. Fios requires a stb if you want to watch more then just local channels.

I got all three services through FiOs and it came out cheaper than my cable. I saved about 30 dollars per month swithing to FiOS than staying with cable. I also got more HD channels, two stb boxes on my anlog TV's, and unlimited long distance which I didn't have with my cable company, Cox.

The FiOS uses a Motorala DVR which is the same as my cable company. The Program guide on FiOS is better. As someone mentioned above the PQ blows away cable's standard and HD channels. Also I had no troubles like I did with my cable company.

I switched from CV to FIOS three months ago and have been extremely happy with their service. The standard definition picture is amazingly superior and the internet service faster (20 mb download and 5mb upload). The HD DVR is about equal to the SA 8300HD (I was having HDMI "handshaking" issues between my HD TV and the SA 8300HD which I do not have with the Motorola).

The installation can take several hours, and - if you are a sports fan - forget about MSQ HD. The Dolans will never let Verizon have it.

I switched from CV about 8 months ago and have no complaints with the FIOS service. The internet speeds are a lot faster. When Verizon says you get 20 Mb, you get the full 20. Unlike Cablevision, where their speeds were a purported 15 Mb, in reality you got 6-8 Mb at best. The HD quality of the the broadcasts are similar but it's the SD picture that truly shines for FIOS. CV's SD channels were very pixelated on my TV but FIOS's are crystal clear.

Service-wise, I have yet to have one interruption of service from FIOS. With CV, the service wasn't terrible but I would lose my cable service once every 3 months or so. The main reason I switched from CV was their terrible STB. It would literally take 2-3 seconds for a channel to tune-in while channel surfing. With FIOS, the channel updates immediately.

I just set up a disconnect date with CV. They basically said I can have whatever I want to stay, but I said no thanks. They also asked for my order confirmation number from Verizon which I thought was strange. I didnt give it to them. Does CV have access to our information from Verizon services? Any former Cablevision customers get the same request when cancelling?

I have an install date of 8/23 to get FIOS---after I know that everything is running OK I'll cancel my CV service---FIOS just came into my area this week and I know that at least 5 people are dropping CV---If they offered you the world you can see that there starting to panic--- I live on LI and everybody is fed up with Dolan and his Bullsh!t---Who cares that they just added the Voom HD stations---except for Equator there all a bunch of crap

I wish FiOS was available in New Haven County, CT. My only choices are CV and P-U-Verse. I'd rather live in a grass hut in the woods than give AT&T my money.

cablevision has no right to the verizon confirmation number. the only thing they can do with it is call and pretend to be you and cancel your order. you might want to let someone at verizon know they are doing this.

cablevision has no right to the verizon confirmation number. the only thing they can do with it is call and pretend to be you and cancel your order. you might want to let someone at verizon know they are doing this.

My thoughts exactly. The only reason I can think they would want Verizons confirmation number is to know that you are seriously leaving and not trying to scam a better deal. I cant see how CV and Verizon would have a joint system with information about their customers. Regardless, I dont want CV knowing anything about my new Verizon account.

I didn't get any hassles at all when canceling. I just walked into the store with my setops and said buh-bye.

It's funny, CV will offer you almost anything to stay with them when you finally decide to switch. Why not offer you the discounts while you're a customer? Guess you're not that important! CV, Cya!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)