Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 4, 2004
Chicago
see PDF not a good outlook for Voom.

Attachments

• bernstein.pdf
    137.2 KB · Views: 326
I never listen to what this prissy buttwads say anyway, some sure business fail (Enron) others look like they are failing and do not. We have all known Voom has not been gaining ground on it's competitors for a long time now, it doesn't mean that it will remain this way for certain. Good management and creativity can prevail for Voom right now, or they can sit on their butts and wait for money to run out by 2006 in which case... Sean won't have to drop E* just weld his boxes together.

dvlos - you're forgetting who is actually running this company - Cablevision - good mgmt and CVC don't go together :)

Maybe one day if Voom fails RME will take all the voom exclusives (not the movei channels) and create one channel called VOOM. They would instantly have a ton of content and could sell this High value channel to the other providers.

Seanb61 said:
see PDF not a good outlook for Voom.

Oh,boy. Bye-Bye VOOM.

If Echostar buys out VOOM does anyone think they will offer us a deal to get Dish Network equipment as a free upgrade for subscribing ?

hancox said:
dvlos - you're forgetting who is actually running this company - Cablevision - good mgmt and CVC don't go together :)

Yes but when RM spins off, maybe rock boy will go study granite, and let someone else like Wilt or something make all the decisions.

Seanb61 said:
Maybe one day if Voom fails RME will take all the voom exclusives (not the movei channels) and create one channel called VOOM. They would instantly have a ton of content and could sell this High value channel to the other providers.

Wow that's a really good idea should the satellite go down.

Voom Movies
and Voom (everything else)

It would definately be a HD channel that providers would compete for.

Dvlos said:
Yes but when RM spins off, maybe rock boy will go study granite, and let someone else like Wilt or something make all the decisions.

ROTF - Rock Boy

By the way I should add this disclaimer to my posts - I am not longer a Voom customer as of last night. Can't wait to watch my Giants play in HD on DTV on sunday! Sorry Voom it was fun while it lasted, maybe I can come back to you in the future!

There are many assumptions on this report that are not realistic. Any investment firm has to provide so and so called "canned" reports like this to protect themselves as well. So, these type of reports are not unusual to be in the negative to tell investors, "we warned you" and it is not "our problem" that you lost $$$. This is how I look at it.

D* stock is worth more than RM's will be when it spinsoff, somehow I think when their spinoff is complete their will be some mention of it on CNN. Also with D* having millions of subs thats news to put on CNN, 1,500 network HD channels by 2007 sounds impressive, although it just translates to "your local OTA HD through D*, you will not have 1,500 new HD channels teehee).

The 150 HD channels overall sounds impressive as well but that's not for a while. If Voom suceeds in this venture, by suceeding I mean making money not breaking even or losing money out the nose, I'm sure they will counter somehow.

Sean you are right. This is a CYA document for the investment firm.
There was probably similar reports for Microsoft and Apple in the past.
It also does not matter if voom survives, it matters that HDTV is pushed into D*, E*, and cable.
If voom fails, we will not be shunned by other providers, we will be courted by them. I see no long term downside to sticking with voom.

Good point Ken, if anything I will always remember Voom as the one that lit the HD spark in me and others. I think that once Voom launched with its 35 channels, maybe not everyone from D* and E* called up and switched, but I bet lots of them called up and said "Hey !!!! I want more HD !!!! WHEN?!?!"

Also, I doubt D* is going to keep offering all this HD and 150 HD channels at $10.95 a month, I'm sure they will split up all their HD into little 'packs', and charge up the nose for it anyway. "RSN HD Pack - $20 a month" "All Premium Channels in HD - $50 a month" "NHL Ticket" "NBA TICKET" "Sunday NFL Ticket" "Golf Ticket" "Badmington Ticket" and of course 10 OMG PPV IN HD..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)