CW east/west on G11

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drjohn14

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
beautiful San Diego
I cannot get G11 tp1 freq 3720 symbol rate 26700 Horizontal to come in using a coolsat 5000 hooked to a 10 ft c band dish. I get every other transponders fine, including channels for ewtn (which is also horizontal polarity) etc. I am on the right polarity, have used a spectrum analyzer to peak the dish. I can hook up a digital side car and get the free digicipher channels. I get 85 signal strength and 65-67 quality. Have tried blind scan, advanced scan and pid scan. Is anyone getting the CW channels? Both lyngsat and satcodx show same info for those channels. Please help. drjohn

I tried sev months ago with similar dish, other than having to 'create' the channels with the freq, SR and pids manually, I didnt have a problem receiving. I never watch it anyway, they got deleted eventually and I haven't tried since then. Last fall I think. Something might've changed in the way they broadcast since then.

2 issues

yes they have to be manually scanned in with the PIDS

then the issue

The CS5000 won't scan it using PID scan...been there tried that. Once a channel is logged you can change PIDS but unless it scans in channels, you're SOL...sorry

huh?
Jim G10 has no CW affiliates...Equity went with "My Network"

Other than G4/G16, I don't know of any other satellites with CW on them. The G4 stuff is CW/LaTV

I can verify they are still there. Had them locked in via PID scan on the Pansat 1500 on Sunday

hello. I found a solution to picking up the CW channels on Galaxy 11 3.720. I had the same problems. Tried manual scan and pids as well but no luck. Here is what I did.
1. Delete transponder 3.720H but take note of frequency and SR.
2. Choose one of the shop at home channels that has a horizontal frequency and if you have a coolsat 6000 like I do hit menu, channels, edit channels.
3. Find the shopping channel and click ok to edit it . At this point you have the option to change the pids. For east change them to 101,102, and 101.
4. Do not change the name for now. Exit to save changes to pids.
5. Now find manual scan and select the frequency for the shopping channel. Edit the frequency to 3.720 and SR to 27000. Do not scan the transponder. Just exit to view channel. It works for me.
6. Now you can edit the channel name and change it to The Cw east.
7. To get the west one do the same thing with another channel except when changing the frequency change it to 3.724 to avoid getting a 'transponder already exists' message. Now you have east and west CW.
Remember DO NOT SCAN. Do these steps instead

I for got to mention that if you like the shopping channels you can restore them. I'm not 100% sure but as long as you don't restore your receiver to factory settings (delete everything), the channel info for the CW should remain stored. Hope this helps people trying to get these channels on the coolsat 5000 and 6000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts