CW in HD for Champlain Valley

Here is a snapshot of my Hopper's guide from earlier in the evening. Check CW's format. :D
View attachment 116259

Aaah! The backwards Dish guide hurts my eyes.

I assume you edited WLED and WNNE out of your list. I am glad to see they use proper calls for Vermont PBS in the Dish guide. OTA doesn't, cable doesn't... The Directv AM21 does though.

Attachments

• 1462042048844.jpg
    1462042048844.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 77
The Valley CW is now HD on Comcast, no longer on 301 and now 706. Confirmed at my parents after seeing this graphic:

Attachments

• 1462142798630.jpg
    1462142798630.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 72
CBC Montreal doesn't have guide data for me, does it for you? At night the signal is in the 40s to near 50% but no info while CFCF can have 28% signal and barely be coming through and has guide data. Do you have epg data for CBC Montreal?
Yes, EPG is working fine on CTV and CBC. No issues at all.

I am glad I am not the only one who notices that with Samsung TVs. There is an old thread on here somewhere about that issue that I started a while ago. Even on a LG, they have no program guide. The issues receiving VHF13 could be interference from VHF 12 from Montreal in addition to the VHF digital issues.
No the issue is with my UHF antenna. My cheap 8 bay works fine for all UHF channels but not for WVNY 22. People have good results with CM4228 in receiving VHF 13. This, and perhaps a good pre-amp, might be the only solution as going with separate VHF-Hi antenna for one channel is not practical. Usually the CBS, NBC and PBC 33 come in at 100%. Fox comes in at 60% and Mountain Lake comes in at 30 -50 % as the antenna is peaked towards Mount Mansfield.

No the issue is with my UHF antenna. My cheap 8 bay works fine for all UHF channels but not for WVNY 22. People have good results with CM4228 in receiving VHF 13. This, and perhaps a good pre-amp, might be the only solution as going with separate VHF-Hi antenna for one channel is not practical. Usually the CBS, NBC and PBC 33 come in at 100%. Fox comes in at 60% and Mountain Lake comes in at 30 -50 % as the antenna is peaked towards Mount Mansfield.

I am exactly the opposite - my antenna is pointed at Montreal. The Mt. Mansfield locals are LOS and come in well, despite not having the antenna pointed at them.
CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS, and FOX are all in the 65 to 75% range and Mtn Lake is 50%. CTV TVA and CBC are in the 40s% at night, sometimes higher, and 20s and 30s during the day, making them flutter. SRC 2-1 really is not cooperative unless I point my antenna a little west of Montreal, which is weird. Good old multipath...

I hesitated to put my antenna in my signature, as I didn't want to get picked on. But it works great for me and has for several years. Mating squirrels damaged one of the elements, but hidden duct tape holds it in place.It worked well in NC, where it reliably got stations over 50 miles away and others over 80 miles to the north in VA at night. There were UHF and VHF, too. And it works well, here, too. Perhaps a better antenna would bring the Montreal channels in during the day. When I can afford it, a bigger antenna is high on the wish list. But I am not convinced because all the Montreal signals show -6.7 or lower on the dB levels on TVFool. Other people who have better antennas get nothing from Montreal, so I might spend money to gain nothing.

Back in the analog days, we got more French channels than English, growing up cableless in the 80s and beginning of the 90s. Most came in pretty well, too. Most people get more channels after the transition, but we get less. Stations like WWBI and WGMU just disappeared. Others (Sherbrooke and Montreal) are impossible to get, except the 4 I already mentioned. And, thanks to Nexstar, our subchannels are limited.

Last edited:
The Valley CW is now HD on Comcast, no longer on 301 and now 706. Confirmed at my parents after seeing this graphic:
sweet

CBC Montreal doesn't have guide data for me, does it for you? At night the signal is in the 40s to near 50% but no info while CFCF can have 28% signal and barely be coming through and has guide data. Do you have epg data for CBC Montreal?
wish I could get CBC OTA ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ejb1980

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)