CW in HD?

chicagofilms

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Has there ever been any mention of getting CW locals or even a national feed in HD?

I'm still hanging on to my rabbit ears for Smallville & Supernatural & I'd love to ditch them.

It would be nice...at least you can get it OTA, if i want cw-hd i have to get it from tw because they own the local station and don't broadcast any of it analog or digital ota

Here in Chicago WGN is CW. I think WGN is considered a superstation and can be carried nationally. I wonder if there's a hangup with it being HD or something

Wgn

chicagofilms said:
Here in Chicago WGN is CW. I think WGN is considered a superstation and can be carried nationally. I wonder if there's a hangup with it being HD or something
They run a different lineup for the national feed than they do OTA. I've run into this w/ Smallville thought I would be able to get it from WGN instead of the crappy OTA analog LP signal the station has here. They have bad caps in the x-mitter and pict stinks.

As of the last time I checked just a couple weeks ago, WBPG in Mobile (now CW) had no plans yet to offer digital signal.

osu1991 said:
Tulsa is the same, cbs subchannel, but cbs still looks very good and the cw looks like a bad dish local picture.

I called our CBS and they said during sports and computer graphics they would increase the bandwidth for the HD channel. I sure hope they do!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts