CW Now Available on Dish

chastulsa

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
anyone have there CW LOCAL launched on DISH? Myine is on my locals CBS subchannel 6.2 for OTA (NO HD SUX) and on DISH its still WB19 as always, however the channel is now CW12 as of today. What gives...?

I believe that the CW has not actually launched. Many of the affiliates have changed their call letters but for the most part if the station was there before (as a CW or UPN) it will be there as a CW station.

Last edited:
EVERYONE PLEASE CHECK CHANNELS 254 AND 255 ON DISH

Sorry about the yelling. :) From the dish channel chart today:

Today is the official launch of the new CW network and last night was the official end of the UPN and WB networks. In light of these events, Dish made a couple of changes to the Distant Network area (channel 251-255). (ANON)

---Channel 251 CW (WBZL Miami) moved to channel 254. Availability changed but as yet unknown exactly where the channel is available. It has been confirmed that this channel is now available in Cincinnati and Lexington, KY.

---Channel 252 CW-W (KSWB San Diego) moved to channel 255. Availability changed but as yet unknown exactly where the channel is available.

---WPIX (CW New York) has been mirrored to channel 251 and presumably available to the same markets as before. (see note 12)

---KTLA (CW Los Angeles) has been mirrored to channel 252 and presumably available to the same markets as before (see note 12)

If people could post here which channels they can and cant receive or at least PM me I would appreciate it!

See ya
Tony

Nope those channels do not exist for me, all my WB and UPN are the same. Its like it never happened!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I thought taht it dod not launch until Wednesday. The website sems to confirm that.

TNGTony said:
---Channel 251 CW (WBZL Miami) moved to channel 254. Availability changed but as yet unknown exactly where the channel is available. It has been confirmed that this channel is now available in Cincinnati and Lexington, KY.

See ya
Tony

Thanks Tony. I talked to someone at the Cincinnati CW station this morning (WKRC-DT, 12.2) and he said that they are still in contract talks with Echostar to carry CinCW. As least we will be able to watch the Miami CW station until (and if) that happens.

Last edited:
here in sacramento I think our CW (ex UPN) started on 9/11. there were tons of outdoor signs saying "don't miss Dr. Phill every night at 7 PM"). Oh yeah, Dr. Phill! :rolleyes:

Geronimo said:
I thought taht it dod not launch until Wednesday. The website sems to confirm that.

chastulsa said:
anyone have there CW LOCAL launched on DISH? Myine is on my locals CBS subchannel 6.2 for OTA (NO HD SUX) and on DISH its still WB19 as always, however the channel is now CW12 as of today. What gives...?

Because KOTV and cheap griffin now own cw12 and want to use the call letters as it appears on Cox cable instead of the OTA number. It is mirrored on 6.2 to give the cable companies to the north of Tulsa a better signal than the analog OTA tower provides. The engineers told me not to expect a standalone or hd channel for kqcw until the 09 analog shutoff. Griffin would rather spend the money for helicopters for kotv and kwtv in OKC, with hd cameras that record stuff they have no way of broadcasting. Thankfully Belo upgraded KOTV before griffin bought it or it could be as unreliable as kwtv.

riffjim4069 said:
Does this mean we'll see a bunch of WB or UPN stations ceasing to exist, thus saving bandwidth and improving overall SD PQ?

I'm guesing not. Most places that had a UPN and WB...one goes to CW while they other probably ends up as the other newbie, "My Network TV" affiliate. At least that's what happened in Charlotte. Heck...both channels here have been showing their new network logos for over a month now.

Last edited:
TNGTony said:
EVERYONE PLEASE CHECK CHANNELS 254 AND 255 ON DISH

Sorry about the yelling. :) From the dish channel chart today:

Today is the official launch of the new CW network and last night was the official end of the UPN and WB networks. In light of these events, Dish made a couple of changes to the Distant Network area (channel 251-255). (ANON)

---Channel 252 CW-W (KSWB San Diego) moved to channel 255. Availability changed but as yet unknown exactly where the channel is available.

---WPIX (CW New York) has been mirrored to channel 251 and presumably available to the same markets as before. (see note 12)

---KTLA (CW Los Angeles) has been mirrored to channel 252 and presumably available to the same markets as before (see note 12)

If people could post here which channels they can and cant receive or at least PM me I would appreciate it!

See ya
Tony

They are not even listed in my all channels quide, so must not exist.
I have the WB and UPN locals from Minneapolis still on my quide and still receive them. Dave.

riffjim4069 said:
[MARQ]Does this mean we'll see a bunch of WB or UPN stations ceasing to exist, thus saving bandwidth and improving overall SD PQ?[/MARQ]
OK....thats annoying as hell!

dude2 said:
They are not even listed in my all channels quide, so must not exist.
I have the WB and UPN locals from Minneapolis still on my quide and still receive them. Dave.

we wont see these in Minneapois. They were only for areas that didnt have a WB at the time or it was cable only (like Duluth) :)

They only showed in the guide if you could get them. I have Duluth locals so I had 251 in the guide

TNGTony said:

Correction, I am told now that in Lexington they get channel 251 which is now WPIX New York, not 254.

See ya
Tony

i get channel 252 ktla and i live in the Paducah ky channel market we have a local channel wqwq the new cw but dish network does not carry that channel

Last edited:
Why the mirroring of the superstations? And why do thisa few days befiore the launch of the CW?

Yet again you guys come in handy!!! Last month there was no word on CW on Dish... changed my UPN Superstation to a CW one. Now Today Cincinnati has CW. Called Dish and got the superstation removed and they waived the 5.00 downgrade fee!!!! Just saved me 18 bucks a year!!!!!!!!! ;) Thanks!!!

i dont even think dish reps know of this move because last month i called to complain they werent going to have a local cw they gave my wpix Free for the year now i have ktla and wpix free

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts