Cycle date change and failed auto-pay?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

glen4cindy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
St. Louis MO, area
It seems like DirecTv/AT&T did a cycle date change on my account for the 5/1 billing date, billing period 03/30/17 to 04/30/17. They did not process my auto-pay so now I have a double bill due. I also have several partial month charges:

Partial Month Charges/Credits

1. Advanced Receiver Service - DVR 8.67
Charged from 04/30 to 05/25

2. Advanced Receiver Service - HD 8.67

3. DIRECTV Protection Plan 6.92

4. DIRECTV Whole-Home DVR Service 2.60

5. SELECT 46.79

6. Watch DIRECTV on One or More TVs 12.14

The phone rep said since the change to AT&T they no longer have DUE dates on their bills and that is why they didn't process the auto-pay. This does not make sense to me.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Only when I made changes. How can they not have due dates? That makes no sense.

Guys, generally when you don't have a Due date, its considered DUE when you get it .
Thats the way its been with other companies I've dealt with.

Only when I made changes. How can they not have due dates? That makes no sense.

Until today when I spoke to the loyalty department I did not make any changes. I did receive this email:

"We're making some updates to your billing period. After we make this change, your first bill may be slightly lower than normal because your bill will be for fewer days. Your following bill, and those thereafter, will be the amount you usually pay. Your payment date will not be affected by this change."

Finding my bill DOUBLE and realizing the last payment came out of my checking account on 4/14 surprised me. I'll admit, since my account is on auto-pay, I sort of "do not pay a lot of attention to it". I do monitor my checking account but it didn't dawn on me that there was not a DTV charge in May.

Guys, generally when you don't have a Due date, its considered DUE when you get it .
Thats the way its been with other companies I've dealt with.

I'm not really sure this is the case. Most bills I receive DO have a due date and are not "due upon receipt".

For example...from my electric utility: Statement Issued 05/23/2017 Amount Due $xxx.00 Due Date Jun 13, 2017.

You could *choose* to pay it the day you receive it but it's not DUE until 6/13.

My DirecTv bills do not show a DUE date, only a date when the withdrawal will take place. I simply assumed like most of my other bills that are on auto-pay this withdrawal date coincided with the due date so that the payment would be received by their system in time.

I guess I don't understand NO due date. How can they say your payment on your account is DUE if there is not a date? I mean what if someone sees that as a means to pay every 90 days? With no due date how can they complain? How can they assess late charges? Even your credit cards have due dates....

I'm not really sure this is the case. Most bills I receive DO have a due date and are not "due upon receipt".

For example...from my electric utility: Statement Issued 05/23/2017 Amount Due $xxx.00 Due Date Jun 13, 2017.

You could *choose* to pay it the day you receive it but it's not DUE until 6/13.

My DirecTv bills do not show a DUE date, only a date when the withdrawal will take place. I simply assumed like most of my other bills that are on auto-pay this withdrawal date coincided with the due date so that the payment would be received by their system in time.

I guess I don't understand NO due date. How can they say your payment on your account is DUE if there is not a date? I mean what if someone sees that as a means to pay every 90 days? With no due date how can they complain? How can they assess late charges? Even your credit cards have due dates....
There are bills that do not have due dates, like I said, when you get it, its due, no Due Date listed, often times doctor bills are this way.

I know its kinda strange and doesn't happen to often, but it does happen.

This is interesting.

I just checked back through my email and found this:

Hi GLEN,

We recently reached out to you about some upcoming bill period changes on your account. While making these updates, you didn't receive an April bill. We accidentally sent you an OFF-CYCLE BILL STATEMENT without a due date. Therefore, your auto bill payment did not occur. You'll also notice that your bill was lower than normal, as this bill was for fewer days. We fixed our mistake and your next bill and those after will be the amount you usually pay and resume an auto bill pay.

Here are some ways to pay this bill:

• Go to directv.com/billpay. Not sure how to pay online?
No problem. Click here to learn how.
• Send it to the remittance address on your bill.
• Text PAY to 21880. Text message rates apply.
• Wait until your next bill to pay. Auto bill pay will resume next month and we'll charge your account for both this off-cycle bill and your next bill. You won't be charged a late fee. You don't have to do anything right now if you'd like to pay both bills next month.
Thanks for choosing us,

AT&T

There are bills that do not have due dates, like I said, when you get it, its due, no Due Date listed, often times doctor bills are this way.

I know its kinda strange and doesn't happen to often, but it does happen.
That's a one time bill. Any one that is reoccurring will have a due date.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts