Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
I used to have the old RCA DRD(whatever)'s but I migrated to Echostar early last year. I have no clue about the following, so I am asking here: :confused:

I picked up a couple 'supposed' new D10 boxes with no remotes, with new 18x20" dishes and arms with triple LNB's(4 outputs)

First I am calling D* to see if these boxes are stolen. If so, I can report them to the authorities.

If they are legit... My questions are:

Do you need an access card for a D-10 to operate? They were still sealed in plastic bags, but when I opened them, there were no cards in the slots. (My E* 522 doesn't have a card so I don't know if it needs one or not)

How much is a card from D* if I need one?

Can I hook them up and get barker channels without a card just to see if the units function?

I'm not worried about a remote. I can get one if needed.

I'd like to make sure these things work. Or else they are going back to the guy I bought 'em from quicker than you can say ASAP!!

Be kind to a former D* subber'. :)

I appreciate your help.

thinking i got my last card from directv for 20.00 and they fexed to me in 2 days to use for the last one i got on ebay.

Yes you need an access card. They cost 20 dollars and typically D* will overnight them to you.

I believe you can receive the barker channels without an access card.

Status
Please reply by conversation.