D-500 dp+ with pansat 2500

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Found a spare Dish 500 dp+ dish and was wondering how easy is it to use with a pansat 2500 to get fta on 110&119. It has 2 lnbs but has 3 terminals. One says ant-in and the other two say either 1 and 2 or a and b.

Not familiar with this dish. I have a 4x1 disecq switch with 2 slots available. My questions are:

(1) Can I just hook up a cable to the ant-in and use its built-in switch and connect that to my diseqc?

(2) What are the other two terminals used for?

(3) What lnb-type and 22kHz settings do I use?

(4) Are any other switches needed.

I will put it up if it is not too much effort for 5 or 6 channels.

Not any free-to-air on 110, only NASA , one or two religious channels on 119 plus a few music channels. dishnetwork lnbs with switches built-in generally won't work, they're made for dishnetwork receivers......

F U D

I haven't personally run any tests, but I think I recall reading where the Dish installers said the DP+ twin LNB pulled considerably more power.
Apparently that's okay for most newer Dish receivers - they're set up to power switches and LNBs anyway.
I don't know if a typical FTA receiver would properly power the DP+, but I'm not going to risk the test to find out. :)

...and I may be totally wrong...

The antenna- in port on the DP plus is for a 3d lnb input ( which would be addressed as Diseqc #3) . The third lnb would probably be mounted on a seperate dish, and it must be a DPP lnb, I understand. I suspect it was to allow access to 105,121, or 129 over the single cable. My dish installer claims that the 3d lnb really makes the DPP twin a power hog. Ours has my wife's Dish DVR attached and my 311 box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts