D-500 dp+ with pansat 2500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Found a spare Dish 500 dp+ dish and was wondering how easy is it to use with a pansat 2500 to get fta on 110&119. It has 2 lnbs but has 3 terminals. One says ant-in and the other two say either 1 and 2 or a and b.

Not familiar with this dish. I have a 4x1 disecq switch with 2 slots available. My questions are:

(1) Can I just hook up a cable to the ant-in and use its built-in switch and connect that to my diseqc?

(2) What are the other two terminals used for?

(3) What lnb-type and 22kHz settings do I use?

(4) Are any other switches needed.

I will put it up if it is not too much effort for 5 or 6 channels.

Not any free-to-air on 110, only NASA , one or two religious channels on 119 plus a few music channels. dishnetwork lnbs with switches built-in generally won't work, they're made for dishnetwork receivers......

F U D

I haven't personally run any tests, but I think I recall reading where the Dish installers said the DP+ twin LNB pulled considerably more power.
Apparently that's okay for most newer Dish receivers - they're set up to power switches and LNBs anyway.
I don't know if a typical FTA receiver would properly power the DP+, but I'm not going to risk the test to find out. :)

...and I may be totally wrong...

The antenna- in port on the DP plus is for a 3d lnb input ( which would be addressed as Diseqc #3) . The third lnb would probably be mounted on a seperate dish, and it must be a DPP lnb, I understand. I suspect it was to allow access to 105,121, or 129 over the single cable. My dish installer claims that the 3d lnb really makes the DPP twin a power hog. Ours has my wife's Dish DVR attached and my 311 box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)