Status
Please reply by conversation.

moonman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
So. Fla.
Checked my on-line account today in case they don't send a "paper bill" as they
said they were going to start doing...anyway I see they have started to bill for
my auto renew Sunday Ticket on the July bill(41.80 X 5=209). I want to sign up for
autopay using my checking account. Does anyone know when they hit the account? Is it when the "due date" on the bill or when the bill is prepared?
I would like to know so I don't overdraft, or carry a large balance for the checking
account each month..Thanks for any reply.:)

Never used the autopay, I don't trust it, so I do not have your answer, I felt I should warn you, I have heard of some instances where autopay makes 'errors' on peoples bills. I myself have seen this occur once in person to someone I know. (It was later corrected by D*).

damaged said:
Never used the autopay, I don't trust it, so I do not have your answer, I felt I should warn you, I have heard of some instances where autopay makes 'errors' on peoples bills. I myself have seen this occur once in person to someone I know. (It was later corrected by D*).
-------
Thanks for the "Head's up"...I guess it would be better to e-pay each month manually to avoid any possible dispute with D*....

I agree with damaged. Te less people who have access to your card the better. Especially if you have a bad week at work and don't get many hours.

I've had autopay with E*over 4 years and D* almost 6 months no problems with
either.Normally the day of the month you start your account is when they take the
money out.So if you started on the 25th even though it says to be paid on the 10th on the month it will be taken out on the 25th with D*.When they go to paperless billing you access your account online and can print out your bill if you want to.

i stopped autopay years ago. They didnt disclose that they took the money out on bill date, not due date. had they informed me of this , I wouldn't have bothered. It's not the 1/2 cent interested I lost, it's the principle that every other bill i have paid like this does it on due date. Why not them?

I've been using autopay for the past 6 years with no problems. My payment is due on the 1st of each month, but the actual deduction from my checking account always happens 1-3 days after the 1st! :)

newsposter said:
i stopped autopay years ago. They didnt disclose that they took the money out on bill date, not due date. had they informed me of this , I wouldn't have bothered. It's not the 1/2 cent interested I lost, it's the principle that every other bill i have paid like this does it on due date. Why not them?
---------------
Thanks, that is the answer I was looking for...I guess I will keep on making
my own e-pay at my choice of time.

Actually, with a recurring EFT (paperless check) you can have the withdrawal date changed. I can't recall how many days you can change it by, but I do know you can slide it.

if it can be changed to due date, that's great...i still wouldn't trust them but at least it's a positive step forward

newsposter said:
Huh? I've had autopay via eft from my bank for years with no problems. The billing date is the 10th and the eft occurs on the due date which is the 24th. Things must have changed since you had it.

I think I have found the differance.....according to D*'s website,
https://www.directv.com/glb/pdf/EFTForm.pdf
It depends on which method you chose for Autopay....If you will be paying by
credit card, the form says the monthly payment is charged "on the bill issue"
date, while the eft method doe's not. Thanks for the replies Gentlemen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)