D* CableCard Receiver? Wireless Receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aec4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Is there such a thing like the cable companies offer? That would be awesome for the new LCD TVs that you want to hang on the wall. Either that, or a TV with a wireless port so it could receive the signal from a wireless receiver....

With that said, does a wireless receiver exist? It would allow me to broadcast the same signal to my main TV and a couple of other TVs that we do not use much (allowing me to put receivers elsewhere)

A company that we use for our digital signage products sells a wireless transmitter and receiver. The company is Avocent. Emerge is the product name. I've seen it work, and it seems to do pretty well considering its wireless, albeit very expensive ($650 for the Tx, and $450 for the Rx).

Your cheapest bet is to us a Cat5 extender with audio. These setups are much cheaper and only require a cat5 cable to transmit both video and audio.

bmh2208 said:
A company that we use for our digital signage products sells a wireless transmitter and receiver. The company is Avocent. Emerge is the product name. I've seen it work, and it seems to do pretty well considering its wireless, albeit very expensive ($650 for the Tx, and $450 for the Rx).

Your cheapest bet is to us a Cat5 extender with audio. These setups are much cheaper and only require a cat5 cable to transmit both video and audio.
That all sounds great, BUT, if I am going to run additional wire, why can't I run the COAX from my dish to my receiver (like I do now) and then split the signal that LEAVES THE RECEIVER. I can do that now if I put 2 TVs next to one another (obviously, they play the same program). I mean if I am going to run extra wire, why would I want the extra expense of that equipment?

The only advantage is that you can send full HD over it, not just standard def. I'm an HD junkie!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)