D* defends HDlite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Which is what my wife and I will be doing once our new house is finished. We will be switching to either Comcast or USDTV.

Neutron said:
Which is what my wife and I will be doing once our new house is finished. We will be switching to either Comcast or USDTV.
So what channel does USDTV steal, oops, I mean use :D, bandwidth from in Dallas? And how are they ever going to offer any national HD (ESPN-HD, Discovery-HD, HDNET, ...)?

This is the same rhetoric that Fox was using to say that 480p enhanced tv was similar or equal to HD 720p/1080i.

"We hope you understand that DIRECTV strives to provide its subscribers with the highest quality and broadest offering of HD programming possible."

Apparently not!

mdonnelly said:
So what channel does USDTV steal, oops, I mean use :D, bandwidth from in Dallas? And how are they ever going to offer any national HD (ESPN-HD, Discovery-HD, HDNET, ...)?

We don't watch nearly as much TV as we used to, and with a nice house payment coming it's had us looking at our options anyway. They provide locals in HD which is all we really watch HD wise nowadays.

vurbano said:
Apparently they have no plans on changing the current horrific PQ

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=671445&page=1&pp=30

They take the same line/argument that the oil companies take when confronted about rising gas prices, despire record proffits. Charging for oil what consumers will still pay because they just gotta drive that big arse SUV to the store 5 minutes away.

I hate to say it, but it sounds like there needs to be a major overhall of alot of things these days. (and being bipartisan) not one side is fully to blame, heck if i was in office, and had mr so and so ceo offer me xx dollars to make his industry/business easyer i guess i would too, right after i sold my sole to the devil.

Its sad that we dont have a govement that seriously looks out for us and our best needs.

..............stepts off the soapbox,lol :)

Neutron said:
We don't watch nearly as much TV as we used to, and with a nice house payment coming it's had us looking at our options anyway. They provide locals in HD which is all we really watch HD wise nowadays.
I just picked up USDTV and was very surprised with their picture quality. I think it is better than DISH or Directv for satellite delivered channels, the OTA channels are the original signals so there is no degredation. The receiver is a little lacking it offers composite and "S"video with optical audio out and component for HDTV but no HDMI for $19.95/Mo. it ain't bad.:) :) :)

RIRWIN1983 said:
They take the same line/argument that the oil companies take when confronted about rising gas prices, despire record proffits. Charging for oil what consumers will still pay because they just gotta drive that big arse SUV to the store 5 minutes away.

I hate to say it, but it sounds like there needs to be a major overhall of alot of things these days. (and being bipartisan) not one side is fully to blame, heck if i was in office, and had mr so and so ceo offer me xx dollars to make his industry/business easyer i guess i would too, right after i sold my sole to the devil.

Its sad that we dont have a govement that seriously looks out for us and our best needs.

..............stepts off the soapbox,lol :)
Doesnt this belong in the Pit? LOL

Thanks to HDTV Techno and his most awsome Idea. Today, I updated the site so that way you call can contact each provider that directv is sending out 1280 X 1080I. Maybe if we start putting heat on the providers they will put the heat on D* :)

It is blatantly obvious that D* doesn't care. And as long as cable fights the laws, like HB1199 here in Florida, they have no reason to fear any real competition. Ironic isn't it, D* benefits because cable is catching heat from the telcos encroching into their territories!!!! Cable fights back allowing D* more time not to do a thing.

Putting up 4+ sats by '07 and aggressively trying to add 70%+ for HD LIL by the end of the year is doing nothing? NEAT!

That's like saying that the gov't is doing something now about this illegal alien mess. Sure they are doing SOMETHING but that doesn't change HD Lite. Look at the D* reply. They don't seem to have much intention of bringing it up to the best of standards.

I do not think that there is any doubt that they will add 70% of HD LIL and putting up 4+ sat by the end of the year. The big question is What good is that when they cannot provide full HD resolution and higher bitrates?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts