D*, E*, or Comcast? Opinions wanted.

Whipl50

Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
I am currently an E* subscriber, and have been for 9 years. Bought my equipment off the internet (an original 1000 and 3000 unit). We are moving to a new house in 2 weeks, and I'm undecided on what provider I should use for my video content. E* has been fine, but the deals they have been giving new subscribers on HD equipment versus current subscribers has been rubbing me the wrong way. I would like to switch to D*, but have been waiting to see if they would give new subscribers an HD receiver like E* has been doing. I don't have an HDTV currently, but with the new move I will be setting up a home theater in the basement.

I was thinking of dropping E*, going with Comcast and waiting to see what D* will be offering in the near future. I would only be going with Comcast for video, as I have a DSL contract with SBC currently.

Any advice or opinions would be much appreciated. :)

I would call E* and tell them your situation, be sure to make it clear you feel shorted by the current "newbie" offers and that if they want to keep you as a customer they should give you a HD receiver to evaluate. You can even mention that you know their current receivers have problems and will not sign a contract until you are 100% satisfied (if at all). If they blow you off, cancel your subscription right then and there. Go with Comcast til you get your theater to the point you want it and then select an HD provider.

TDRS 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts