D* HD Receiver upgrade

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Carlyon

Original poster
Sep 16, 2004
Called D* spoke to someone in HD division I asked if they sell the Hughes HD10-250 - They then offered me the pagkage deal for $299.99 - When I said I was an existing customer they said I must buy the DVR from Best Buy etc. I said why would I want to spend $999 when you have it at $299 - I was then told to call the CSR tell them I want to upgrade my HD Receiver and that I'm an existing customer and that it could then be worked out - Called the CSR gave her all the info I was told to tell her and she blew me off in a very rude manner saying no such animal exists.

Anybody worked this out with D*

Ive never heard of any one including new customers getting a HDTvio for $299. The $299 sounds like the going price for a regular HD install.

I think maybe the first CSR was confused.

You got confused and they got mad at you for making up stuff that doesn't exist. The HD DirecTivo is NOT available for $299. They where talking about a regualr HD STB/Tri-LNB dish install. You need to call customer retention and they will offer a $200-250 programming credit to buy the HD DirecTivo. Then go buy it online, for $899 new. value electronics (Click at the top of this page to link) is a great place to buy the HD DirecTivo for $899. The most you should pay is $649 total for the unit. If you pay anymore then you just didn't try. plain and simple.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)