D*? I was trying to help you!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vgsantiago

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
San Diego
I sent D* an email to notify them they haven't listed local "FOX 6" as having HD. When HD locals first rolled out FOX was not included. Well over the past 2 weeks it's now online. So I tried to help D* out with the following:

Currently the "local channel" lookup does not reflect FOX 6 San Diego as being available in HD when in fact it is. To prevent a potential customer from being turned off from Direct TV, it should be updated ASAP. With the NFL season fast approaching, potential customers want to know FOX 6 is in HD. The zip code I punched in was 92020.

What they did was send me back a canned repsonse:

Dear Mr. Santiago,

Thanks for asking about HD programming. I'm sorry but we don't carry Fox in HD in your area yet. I know that HD programming is important to you and DIRECTV is committed to offering the best possible HD experience to you. In recent months, we have launched the first two of four satellites that will allow us to greatly expand our HD local channel offerings.

Though currently we are not able to offer Fox HD, we continue to evaluate our available capacity and discuss the addition of HD channels with our program providers.

Thanks again for writing and stay tuned to our web site at DIRECTV.com/HD for the latest news about HD programming from DIRECTV.

Sincerely,

Kristoffer
DIRECTV Customer Service

I'll leave it alone now:(

vgsantiago said:
I sent D* an email to notify them they haven't listed local "FOX 6" as having HD. When HD locals first rolled out FOX was not included. Well over the past 2 weeks it's now online. So I tried to help D* out with the following:

Currently the "local channel" lookup does not reflect FOX 6 San Diego as being available in HD when in fact it is. To prevent a potential customer from being turned off from Direct TV, it should be updated ASAP. With the NFL season fast approaching, potential customers want to know FOX 6 is in HD. The zip code I punched in was 92020.

What they did was send me back a canned repsonse:

Dear Mr. Santiago,

Thanks for asking about HD programming. I'm sorry but we don't carry Fox in HD in your area yet. I know that HD programming is important to you and DIRECTV is committed to offering the best possible HD experience to you. In recent months, we have launched the first two of four satellites that will allow us to greatly expand our HD local channel offerings.

Though currently we are not able to offer Fox HD, we continue to evaluate our available capacity and discuss the addition of HD channels with our program providers.

Thanks again for writing and stay tuned to our web site at DIRECTV.com/HD for the latest news about HD programming from DIRECTV.

Sincerely,

Kristoffer
DIRECTV Customer Service

I'll leave it alone now:(

Are you surprised? :eek:

Don't forget, that it may also be unavailible yet due to contract issues!!

fkostyn said:
Don't forget, that it may also be unavailible yet due to contract issues!!

Allow me to clarify :).

The OP is not saying that it's not available, he is saying that it IS now available, BUT D*s 'local channel' lookup did NOT include it, when it should be included in D*s best interest, when he notified D* (trying to do a good deed for D*), they sent him a canned reply that assumed incorrectly that he was complaining, when he was just letting them know they should update their lists to reflect the available channel.

Hope that clears it up.

Last edited:
damaged said:
Allow me to clarify :).

The OP is not saying that it's not available, he is saying that it IS now available, BUT D*s 'local channel' lookup did NOT include it, when it should be included in D*s best interest, when he notified D* (trying to do a good deed for D*), they sent him a canned reply that assumed incorrectly that he was complaining, when he was just letting them know they should update their lists to reflect the available channel.

Hope that clears it up.

Same thing with local channel look up for Hartford. I told them that it doesn't show any hd channels as being available. They wrote back with the typical form letter thanking me for nothing! I had to write several times before they got the idea. Now they say they are looking into the problem. Morons.

More than likely its just an auto responder based on keywords that sends out the canned reply, but the email still goes through and if it may ask a question that requires a reply then you should get a direct responce. This is no surprise; most big companies use this technique to limit CSR for needing to reply to each and every email. Same basic idea behind the computer/prompt phone system; no big deal.

Seems that 'domain.manager@directv.com' is their registered "catch all" or tech addy for the website and might auto-forward somewhere of importance or maybe to the same general CSR email as non-specific feedback.

don't be surprised if you turn your set on and all your HD is gone, cutoff, disconnected......for D* is idiots in action

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts