Status
Please reply by conversation.

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown
For the last two months, D* has failed to send me a paper bill. I use the website to pay my bill. Have they changed their policy? Are you no longer allowed to get a paper bill and use the website? :confused:

I can't find the paper or no paper option on the website anymore. It disappeared when they decided to redesign the website. I'm not sure it's worth playing CSR roulette to find out. They would probably screw things up worse.:D

See if you can navigate these instructions that might be for the older site.

FAQ

01: I don't want to receive a paper bill, since I pay automatically. How do I stop the paper?

A: To stop receiving a paper bill, sign in at directv.com and click on 'View Statement.' From there, click on 'Customer Profile,' check the box next to the statement, 'I'd like DIRECTV to stop mailing me a paper bill; I'd prefer online-only access' and press 'Continue.'

charper1 said:
See if you can navigate these instructions that might be for the older site.

FAQ

01: I don't want to receive a paper bill, since I pay automatically. How do I stop the paper?

A: To stop receiving a paper bill, sign in at directv.com and click on 'View Statement.' From there, click on 'Customer Profile,' check the box next to the statement, 'I'd like DIRECTV to stop mailing me a paper bill; I'd prefer online-only access' and press 'Continue.'
I tried that and the only option was to discontinue online access. I don't want to give up access to the website. I like being able to add and drop programming online too much. I guess I will do without paper bills. The website access is more important than the stupid paper bill.

Paper Bill

Directv stop sending my paper bill....I called Directv, and they said that according to their website, I no longer wanted a paper bill. I said that I never ask Directv to stop sending the paper bill. Directv stated that they were sorry and that the paper bill option will be reinstated. I got a paper bill this month, at the same time that it came before the "save the ink, paper bill" game begin.

Well, if you go to view your statement online now it states that by signing up you'll no longer be receiving a paper copy in the mail. I don't know if that's new or not, but it seems you can't have both now.

Phroz said:
Well, if you go to view your statement online now it states that by signing up you'll no longer be receiving a paper copy in the mail. I don't know if that's new or not, but it seems you can't have both now.
I think it use to have a box to mark in and I think there was siomething in a bill that stated you wouuld no longer receive a paper bill unless you made a change on the online profiles, this was about 3-4 months ago, at that time I went in and made the change so I would continue to receive them as well as the online ability.
However I see that it has all changed now and you no longer have that option.
My suggestion would be to make sure you call in and get it straightened out.

Jimbo

I stopped getting paper bills in May. Of course, I was unaware of this because my wife checks the mail and usually sends out the bills. I found out when my service got cut off. I don't recall the last time I logged on to DTV.com, but it was long enough ago that I had loads of fun trying to remember what email address and passwork to use.

I paid the bill online and then called a couple hours later to restart the account, and the little indian guy told me that a bill had been mailed as normal. Wrong. The next bills never came, and I had to call back in, and the AMERICAN rep figured out that my paper bill was turned off. She was supposed to have turned it back "on". We shall see.

Interesting how this happened to a whole bunch of us at around the same time. Before this, I NEVER paid my bill online.

There was a note on DirecTV statements 2 months ago (was on mine dated June 29, 2006)

To our Web-savvy customers:
Thank you for viewing your bill online. In July, we are simplying our billing & will no longer send you both a paper statement & and Ebill notification. To print a copy o fyour DIRECTV Ebill from any PC, please sign in to DIRECTV.com & follow the directions listed on the "View Bill" page. If you want to recieve a paper bill instead, from the same "View Bill" page, click on "Customer Profile" & de-select the statement option box.

I didn't receive a bill either and there is not a 'statement option box'. However if you select "Discontinue DIRECTV Online Access" a screen comes up which says basically that you need to cancel online bill viewing (not online access) in order to receive a paper bill.

well, I always pay my bill online, so it really isn't a problem for me, but, i did get an email from D* telling me that they were going to stop the paper bill about 6 weeks before the bill stopped coming. As I said, I always pay online, so no paper bill is just one less thing to shred for me.

sonofjay said:
There was a note on DirecTV statements 2 months ago (was on mine dated June 29, 2006)

I didn't receive a bill either and there is not a 'statement option box'. However if you select "Discontinue DIRECTV Online Access" a screen comes up which says basically that you need to cancel online bill viewing (not online access) in order to receive a paper bill.
Thanks Sonofjay,
I thought I had read this same thing in the mail awhile back but could not remember the exact wording.
At the time I got the info, you could go in and make that selection, but I think that has changes now that the site has changed as well.

Jimbo

Call D* same thing happened to me. When I moved and they sent the bill to the wrong address, I called and complained, They switched me to paperless without telling me. Sat morning they cut my service off with no warning. I called and made them take a payment over the phone for free and mail me the last 6 months bills again plus mail all future bills. Poor customer service.

this has been a nightmare for me as well, every couple of months they told me that they where going to stop sending me a paper bill and that I had to keep going and opting back in...they still stopped sending me a bill so I called them and told them if they wanted to get paid they need to send me a bill...so the said they reset it and I would get a bill...so we'll see, Not enough of a headache for me to cancell. but I will do it every month I don't get a bill.

Funny, it's been on my paper bill the past 2-3 months that they were getting rid of paper bills for those that pay online or have automated billing. Gotta read the things they put on those bills. ;)

bonscott87 said:
Funny, it's been on my paper bill the past 2-3 months that they were getting rid of paper bills for those that pay online or have automated billing. Gotta read the things they put on those bills. ;)

I never pay online nor have automated billing. And I can read quite fine. The issue is that they sent the notice out in June asked customer to confirm their preference online and then provided to promptly ignore those preferences a month later.

I never paid online or use their website to get account information. On my last bill that I paid, they wrote a note that they no longer were going to send a paper bill and if I must go to their website and loging if I wanted to view the statement. So they started emailing everytime there was a new bill and stop completly sending the paper bill. This came out of nowhere and definitely I did not request it. I let it go because the next month, I cancelled the basters and now they can stay with their paperless money from me :D

This is bulls**t I checked the box on there website to allow paper bills to be sent and what do you know no paper bill. My wife pays the bills and realized she didn't get the bill and called them and payed over the phone. The same day I checked my email and I got two notices about not recieving payment. Needless to say they are going to charge a late fee.:mad: I think I am going to call and bitch. It was there falt.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)