D*'s alleged "false advertising"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think it goes by how the networks broadcast the pictures.Is Espn in 1080i on cable??

No it is not 1080i on cable. ESPN HD is 720P no matter who your provider is. The point was the person stated that all D* channels were 1080i and that was the example that showed they werent.

D* does broadcast all hd in 1080i, if they don't receive 1080i from the network it is not viewed that way,
DIRECTV casts programming in 720p or 1080i as appropriate, so your first assertion is false.
Have you ever watched an old western on HDNM, do you think they had HD in 1965?? the broadcast can only be as good as the feed that D* gets from the networks.
Old westerns were usually shot on 35mm film and if the network has an HD film chain, they can broadcast it in 1080i or 720p as they see fit. The Voom movie channels do this all of the time with content not available in HD... even with old Felix the Cat cartoons. Your second assertion doesn't hold water either.

And as for the sports blackouts, contact the FCC. D* does not make the decison on which channels you can watch where you live, that is up to the FCC.
D* is responsible for implementing the league/team initiated blackouts and they've had more than their share of problems this year.

D* is responsible for implementing the league/team initiated blackouts and they've had more than their share of problems this year.

Just because they implement them doesn't mean they decide which ones to implement!

It is NOT D* that is making your blackouts happen, it comes from the local team and league.
The point that I was trying to make is that D*'s track record for bogus blackouts (games blacked out that shouldn't be) is surprisingly poor. There are many accounts of subscribers calling to complain and having the game show up minutes later.

The point is that subscribers shouldn't have to call to straighten it out.

The above is ridiculously rare; saying otherwise is purely speculation and gross exaggeration. .... and that is a FACT!

The point that I was trying to make is that D*'s track record for bogus blackouts (games blacked out that shouldn't be) is surprisingly poor. There are many accounts of subscribers calling to complain and having the game show up minutes later.

The point is that subscribers shouldn't have to call to straighten it out.
This is the kind of false info that gets everyone confused! Black outs are caused by local networks. Not DIRECTV.and your bogus information is completely unheard of.Lets see some proof that Directvs blackouts are any different then any other provider.

This is the kind of false info that gets everyone confused! Black outs are caused by local networks. Not DIRECTV.and your bogus information is completely unheard of.Lets see some proof that Directvs blackouts are any different then any other provider.

Actually, the Blackout is cause by the individual league and the local contract that goes with it.
Regardless, it's not D*'s call. And yes it has happened to everyone at one time or another, and it does happen with other providers as well.

Jimbo

This is the kind of false info that gets everyone confused! Black outs are caused by local networks. Not DIRECTV.and your bogus information is completely unheard of.
Check this thread.

There is a thread on an another website discussing of false blackouts.

A good chunk of the posts about blackouts are due to confusion about what games should be blacked out, but there are several examples of games that were blacked out and later went live after calls from subscribers.

Searching for "blackout" brings up lots of threads.
Lets see some proof that Directvs blackouts are any different then any other provider.
Does it really matter what cable or Dish Network is doing if you're a DIRECTV subscriber? Keeping ahead of blackouts must be a priority for a company that prides itself in being the sports leader.

I 'm not sure what this is suppose to show me?
Its the best I could do without cross-linking to a competitive website with a thread over 100 posts long about the subject and several smaller threads. DirecTV doesn't allow such discussions on their forums.

100 posts doesn't mean 100 complaints!
No, but a dozen or more complaints among them establishes a pattern. Surely half of the posts are from D* apologists saying that DIRECTV is doing their best with some really silly rules, but those who have experienced such a blackout have a legitimate beef and they are not as few as you've insisted.

Can we please get this thread back to a discussion about 'false advertising"?

Feel free to start a thread to discuss sports blackouts, its a valid discussion for sure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)