D* Shuts off East AND West coast feeds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

brown7610

Original poster
Sep 29, 2005
Serveral months ago, DirtecTV shut off my East coast feed of the 4 networks (I live on the West coast). On May 3, they decided to shut off the West coast feed leaving me with no network access because I cannot get OTA. I have two HR10-250s and the only choice I have is to devolve back to tuners only to get my HD networks or switch to another provider because although local channels are available in my area, D* has no HD DVR yet. I have been with D* for 10 years and invested $1,500 in HR10-250s, and what did the CSR offer: $10 off my subscription for a year. What a screwed up company!

Not following your statement saying "D* has no HD DVR yet." That's what the 10-250 is!

brown7610 said:
Serveral months ago, DirtecTV shut off my East coast feed of the 4 networks (I live on the West coast). On May 3, they decided to shut off the West coast feed leaving me with no network access because I cannot get OTA. I have two HR10-250s and the only choice I have is to devolve back to tuners only to get my HD networks or switch to another provider because although local channels are available in my area, D* has no HD DVR yet. I have been with D* for 10 years and invested $1,500 in HR10-250s, and what did the CSR offer: $10 off my subscription for a year. What a screwed up company!

rlstjohn said:
Not following your statement saying "D* has no HD DVR yet." That's what the 10-250 is!

I believe he is saying that Direct doesn't have a MPEG4 HD DVR yet.

That's right. The local channels I get with the HR10-250 come in as SD. I can't get HD network channels now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)