D* Single-wire Solution for MDUs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cheebs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 15, 2005
I've been reading about this, but couldn't find any concrete data. Is it similar to the E* LNB stacking?

I've seen some stuff from Foxcom that uses fiber trunks and coax home-runs, but not anything directly from D*.

Any of you professional installers out there familiar with this?

Eh, I'm not sure that I am answering what you are looking for exactly but yes, there is a Stacked LNB option with D* equipment with MDU's such as apartments. Basically you get a mini-rack and mini-receivers and run them though a stacker and send it out. Thats the quick of it anyways.

The only problem is that you have to use receivers with destackers (can handle stacked signals) built in or spend a butt-load per destacker per unit. D10s, hughes HBH , GA5(serial) GA3(serial), Sony A/B 50, 55, and a few HD receivers all have the ability to use stacked signals. The others do not.

I can probably go into more detail if needed though I have been out of that market for 6 months now.

***Oh and as to get this all through D* directly, its not an option as far as I am aware.

Yeah I don't know about the D* process but I would assume its the same as the other companies doing it.

http://www.solidsignal.com/cat_display.asp?CAT=Headend

I never worked with the equipment in the headends themselves but heard a lot of the terminology. As far as getting set up with D* directly, that wasn't something that was an option when I was working with them so I have no clue how to go that route. I know you don't have to though, but it does require being a reseller of D* service.

nasproducts. com, Its a three sat stacked solution on one wire with a d/c behind the rx's. Now, they make a 5 sat stacked solution

sattec said:
nasproducts. com, Its a three sat stacked solution on one wire with a d/c behind the rx's. Now, they make a 5 sat stacked solution

Great lead! Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)