D*, Sunday Ticket and moving

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ronco

Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
Hi all,

A quick search didn't reveal any discussion of this topic.

I am moving to a new apartment somewhere as yet undetermined in mid-October. I am interested in getting Sunday Ticket, but realize that my new place may not be capable of allowing D* service. I asked a CSR what would happen if I am unable to get service in the new location, and she said that the policy didn't really address that, but her interpretation was that Sunday Ticket could not be cancelled or credited for any reason after the start of the season.

Of course, she also said that 96% of all people in the US are eligible to receive DirecTV service. She couldn't quite grasp the concept of being physically unable to see the birds. She said something like, "well, if your landlord won't let you put the dish on a pole.." Yeah, like a 7 story pole on the balcony to allow a north-facing apartment to have a southwest-facing dish?

My question is whether this interpretation sounds correct with respect to the Sunday Ticket cancellation?

There is no cancellations with the Sunday Ticket, I think it says something like that at the bottom of the contract.... Here ya go I found it :

Sports subscriptions cannot be cancelled, transferred, refunded or credited (in part or in whole) after the season starts.

ST is considered subscription, it qwill also automatically renew each year unless you call to cancel before the season starts.

I do not have an answer to :If you already have service and move to a place where you cannot get a los ....
Hopefully the apt. you are looking into will have a southern exposure available

You might want to give them a call about that ...

Jimbo

Invest in a compass look where your dish is pointing now and when you go to rent a new apartment take the compass with you and check that you have a line of sight before you sign the lease. Or you can sign the lease on an apartment without a line of sight and then come back here and cry about no line of sight(NLOS). The smart person will plan in advance if satellite is important.

I know not all people can do this but when I lived in apartments it was a requirement for me to be able to have a view of the southern sky. I wouldn't take an apartment that didn't have line of sight to the sats. Same goes for when I was looking at a house.

Depends what's most important to you.

As for your situation, if you're sure you won't have line of sight with no hope of getting it then don't get Sunday Ticket as you'll be stuck with it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts