D. T.V. customer service,JOKE!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

moonpie

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
Princeton,N.C.
So I buy a H20 to replace my bedroom receiver & call to activate.The card was missing & D sent me a card because they couldn't program my old card to my new receiver.These people were great & helpful,Sent me a new card overnight free.I call to activate & the lady starts in on how my new receiver I bought from a retailer is a lease.I say no way ,she says yes and I must return it if I cancell my service.I tell her I'm under contract with D & just want the card programmed.She goes on & on about the lease & returning the rec.I tell her I hear what she is saying but do not agree,we will cross that bridge when we get there,just actvate the card.She will not activate the card till I agree it's a lease.I won't,It doesn't matter,I'm turning it ON, NOT OFF.I get a little ill ,but never mean or ugly.I tell her if she can't help me transfer me to someone who can.She HANGSUP on me.... I call back,get another lady,she helps me,programs the card,& nothing about a lease.It took about 6 minutes total.30 minutes of argueing with first lady & she hangs up on me,What is that? I guess its a total crapshoot on how you as a customer is treated by D.I laugh now but needed to vent a little.Thanks.

and that, my friends, is the reason i went back to cable. directv's customer service is among the worst in the world.......period, end of report!!!

In 9 years I have never had a problem with D*'s customer service, but if you recently bought the receiver, it is a lease. They started that program earlier this year. I made sure I bought all new receivers before they did that. I think it sucks, but what can you do. I am not sure if all of Dish's receivers are leased, but Directv's are now.

I agree...I hate calling these idiots, I had to call them yesterday because I never received a bill this month (they keep trying to get me to go paperless and look at my bill online). I got online yesterday and got their number (off of D*'s website) I call it and run through the automated crap and each time it hangs up on me (after making a gurgling noise for 30 seconds), so I try another number I have..same thing (tried 4 times), so I finally call retention (just to get a hold of anyone). I get retention and get a new bill sent out...I also tell the girl that their phones are messed up and she says "what number did you call" so I give her the first one (from the website) and she tells me that that number is no good anymore and that's why it keeps hanging up on me and says I should call this other number (the other number I had already called) and I said I called that one twice and it was the same thing...she said she would look into it (even though she seemed like she just wanted to get me off the phone). I felt like I was dealing with the morons at USSB again....I would like to go HD next year but I think its not going to be with D* just because I don't want to deal with all there crap. That stinks because I have been with D* since 1993 or 94 and hate to change.

How can they sell through a retailer without an agreement,then tell you it's a lease after the fact? I guess I will send it back if I have to,When They send my money back,ha ha.My thing is ,I am activating NOT deactivating.Turn it on!!!

NOWAY!
A "purchase" at store could not be a lease..............A cold day in hell when that happens to me. Not even legal.
I've had to 3 times before just to get someone who speaks friggin English!

Hey Moonpie, just wondering why people need to start a thread about the "Customer service being a joke" after 1 call with an idiot CSR and not starting a thread called "Customer service fantastic" after the next CSR helped you out in such a professional and quick way? Doesn't quite seem fair. Oh and rkr0923, ummm why do you stay, only seen negative posts from you lately, just switch. And ummm where have you been on this lease deal? You are speaking without having any idea what you are talking about, "not even legal".??

O.K How is this? 1 hour 7 min. call to get my hd locals to work.They told me I would have to pay a service call for a service I never received.Subscribed in feb.Locals promised in april,finally turned on in july,& then they didn't work & no one @ D could walk me through the repair & said I was out of warranty.I never got what was promised so I don't think I should pay,Do you? The JOKE is a different response every time you call.The 2nd lady helped me & I thanked her & didn't even mention the other event to her.Hence,CRAP SHOOT,I guess" it's like a box of choclates."

iceturkee said:
and that, my friends, is the reason i went back to cable. directv's customer service is among the worst in the world.......period, end of report!!!

Wow...I have been harsh re: D* and HD rollout but I almost always have had a good experience with the CSR's at D*. All no, but most are good and when I compare them to my Cable CO., which is Charter, they are head and shoulder above them. Charter can't even explain what the difference between s-video and HDMI is when I call them! lol. I think it maybe a little exaggeration to call them the worst

The problem with people is that you all think that D* owes you something, All you people that constanty bi*ch about CSR's and the slowness of D* just need to go somewhere else so the people that enjoy and appreciate Sat. TV don't have to see all this crying in here, and let the people with real problems ask for help. I been with D* for 10 years and never been treated bad by a CSR of coarse I'm always nice to them and never ask for stuff I don't deserve. I'm sure that most of the people in the forum agree with me, and the rest will just Flame me. Sorry If I offended anyone but it's just getting old, we're here to help people not mediate.

FlyingJ said:
Hey Moonpie, just wondering why people need to start a thread about the "Customer service being a joke" after 1 call with an idiot CSR and not starting a thread called "Customer service fantastic" after the next CSR helped you out in such a professional and quick way? Doesn't quite seem fair. Oh and rkr0923, ummm why do you stay, only seen negative posts from you lately, just switch. And ummm where have you been on this lease deal? You are speaking without having any idea what you are talking about, "not even legal".??

well lets see.......sorry for the negative but right now I have nothing postive to say. At one time I did and hope to again. Should of saw me bash Voom lol
As for the lease deal, you're kinda right. I don't lease and Never will. I purchase all my equipment and install all my equipment. I think I do know what I'm talking about. You just have to read between the lines on some of legal garbage in D* writing. It says a 4.99 lease for extra receiver that one bought............it's not really a lease for the equipment you bought just programing. You own it! Do you think someone is gonna turn in a bought piece of equipment when they leave. Not ME. I have ALOT of money invested in my D* stuff. Just for example.....my first reciever RCA DTV100 $699.00 cash local store.......upgrade to Samsung TS360 $499.00 cash local store.....HR10-250 cash Vaule electronics $299.00. So you see why unhappy with D* HD programming........not counting 3 HDTV's to viewing HD programming. So yes, I'm in a hurry for D* to put up or shut up. Been waiting for years now and seen very little come our way. If they think I will be turning in my DVR when mpeg 4 finally is out.......Don't think so

I get it rk, I just decided to go with whatever they throw at us and ask for whatever it is I want or need. It is what it is and if I really don't like it, I will switch.

I see the OP is being attacked by the usual suspects. Doesnt he know that D* is #1 according to JD power? :rolleyes:

Plywodstatebum said:
The problem with people is that you all think that D* owes you something, All you people that constanty bi*ch about CSR's and the slowness of D* just need to go somewhere else so the people that enjoy and appreciate Sat. TV don't have to see all this crying in here, and let the people with real problems ask for help. I been with D* for 10 years and never been treated bad by a CSR of coarse I'm always nice to them and never ask for stuff I don't deserve. I'm sure that most of the people in the forum agree with me, and the rest will just Flame me. Sorry If I offended anyone but it's just getting old, we're here to help people not mediate.
THEY did owe me something.I pay for 2 receivers in my home & was trying to activate a card THEY sent ME,since THEY couldn't activate the card I had because it was ready to expire.I didn't ask for anything other than to activate the card.I was on the phone for 2 hrs sat. night trying to get this receiver activated & THEY were great & never once mentioned a lease.The locals HD story,the CSR stated the locals were free & that this didn't entitle me to a service call.I say my 65.00 a month bill says nothing is free since I have to subscribe to D* to get the locals.I never asked for anythig I wasn't paying for.

#1 in CS.....cool, good for them
#1 in HD programming..................NOT!
I could care less about CS really, for I never call them, except to activate new receiver........pretty sure a monkey could do that

FlyingJ said:
I get it rk, I just decided to go with whatever they throw at us and ask for whatever it is I want or need. It is what it is and if I really don't like it, I will switch.

I'd switch today if you will buy my D* equipment...if not you see my delima

so your saying I "buy" equipment at bestbuy D* owns it? I just lease the equipment I "bought"......Is that what I'm hearing?
If I leave D* I have to give up the said equipment I "bought"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts