D* vs. E* HD Channel Comparison

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Still a lot of RSNs to catch up on.

Actually, D* has almost all of the RSNs in HD, but at this time most are game only and spotbeamed to just the home market. I'm sure they will all be transitioned to national channels and made 24/7 soon-perhaps with the launch of D11.

The following RSNs are spotbeamed in HD by D*:
Altitude
FSN Arizona
FSN Florida
FSN North
FSN Northwest
FSN Ohio
FSN Rocky Mountain
FSN South
SportsSouth
SportsTime Ohio
Sun Sports

Actually, D* has almost all of the RSNs in HD, but at this time most are game only and spotbeamed to just the home market. I'm sure they will all be transitioned to national channels and made 24/7 soon-perhaps with the launch of D11.

The following RSNs are spotbeamed in HD by D*:
Altitude
FSN Arizona
FSN Florida
FSN North
FSN Northwest
FSN Ohio
FSN Rocky Mountain
FSN South
SportsSouth
SportsTime Ohio
Sun Sports

D* needs to get that FSN Ohio and Sports Time Ohio up and going!!!! Today Today Todaaaaayyyyy!!!!! lol

A very nice, picture worth a thousand words, chart here:

Google Docs - DirectTV vs Dish

Nice chart schneid, but rather than take offense when a member tells you that there are some mistakes (no biggie), you should say thanks and make the changes so that your resource is accurate.

And from what I see - you do have many RSNS that you need to check off that DirecTV carries along with DISH. I would also make a distinction in them as to which are available FULL-TIME, and which are part-time game-only.

Nice chart schneid, but rather than take offense when a member tells you that there are some mistakes (no biggie), you should say thanks and make the changes so that your resource is accurate.

And from what I see - you do have many RSNS that you need to check off that DirecTV carries along with DISH. I would also make a distinction in them as to which are available FULL-TIME, and which are part-time game-only.
I agree ,Because I still see Pittsburgh listed twice for E*. There is no such RSN called Pitsburg. Its Pittsburgh and its in Pa. Also from what I've seen I think all of E*s HD RSN's are spotbeamed.

It isn't my chart. It was posted on Google. I just pointed you to it as it was the best side-by-side comparison I'd seen. It is what it is.

As the creator of the D* HD LiL/RSN lists on DBS Talk, I have had more than my share of public and private messages pointing out mistakes. I thank everyone who helps me catch the errors as it means we are all working to make the lists as accurate as possible. I appreciate the help especially as I usually work on the lists late at night... not the best time to catch errors!

From what I can see, DirecTV is the way to go. Dish has a lot of HD channels that no really cares about which I wouldn't consider "National" channels like Monster channel that came from VOOM.

Monsters is one of the movie channels I watch at least once a week... I have yet to watch more than 30 seconds of TBS HD. :) To each his own.

See ya
Tony

I would like those channels too Tony. Correct me if I'm wrong but, aren't those channels exclusive to Dish as they brought them from VOOM before they went under?

They are available on some cable systems (Cablevision) too. I don't know if they are exclusive to Dish (DBS) or not. Monsters, World Cinema and FilmFest are some great alternative channels. Kung Fu is okay, but I am sure there are fans of that type of film as well. (BTW, it's not just cheesy bruce lee movies... Remember that samurai are to the Japanese what cowboys are in the American culture. There are a ton of Japanese samurai movies. Hell many good US westerns were originally samurai movies. (High Noon, The Magnificant 7, and others).

See ya
Tony

If I understand that red means, "not available", then you need to change HGTV for DirecTV from a red X to 229-1.

It looks like it needs to be updated since the last addition of HD offerings; AND if NHL is going to be listed as a package in the comparison, then the NFL HD should be as well. AND even though the NBA TV HD has yet to be added to DirecTV, when that channel actually airs a LIVE HD game, DirecTV does map it in the 90's; same as they do for many of the RSNs and NHL shown as not carried at all. In fact, they likely air what little HD those channels really carry; so in reality they really DO carry them, just not 24/7 or on a dedicated channel number yet; which seems senseless to need, BUT t does make them easier to locate "on the dial" I will concede. Did I just say dial? Now I have never been a fan of Vooms current lineup on DISH, but now that DirecTV has the bird, they need to get the channels.

From what I can see, DirecTV is the way to go. Dish has a lot of HD channels that no really cares about which I wouldn't consider "National" channels like Monster channel that came from VOOM.

When I was a Dish subscriber it bugged me that I was paying for this. It's mostly offbeat stuff for niche audiences. And updated content was rare. The HD carrier business is becoming big-time competitive and Dish is tied down to this bad investment in Voom IMO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)