D* Weighed , measured been found..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LinkNuc

Original poster
Aug 19, 2006
WANTING!!! Ok I hear it now..."Troll"..."Lurker" whatever here's my now "legit" OPINION in D*'s HD quality..well It just dosen't pop

Golf and Volleyball this weekend and D*'s HDLite has been found less than adequate..Darn, I am being patient and will give them 1 more year but washed out Whites and Grey Blacks don't do it for me anymore with 1080p upconverting TV's that are amazing...(yes I feel you pain fellow Bluray buyers..HD-DVD is pretty awesome..but I'll still hang on!..i'll give Sony a 2nd chance) and I have mpeg4 Pittsburgh HD locals...and I still have NY feeds..grumble (although I'msure they'll well neer find out becaue of D*'s wonderful service..another grumble..I won't go there n this post)

The HR20 better be great!

I miss Comcast!~Best Service Most HD, fairly cheap...59.78 a month for what I pay 55 bucks from D*

And why do I say this..I saw the miniscule Adelphia brocasts in the 15946 area next door...yup, better..sorry, it just is, (CBS "popped" (PGA championship)//on a cheapy (I say this lightly) 50" Panasonic PLasma.. with cable )Component cables)..D* ehh, I guess if your not a junkie like me you'd say it looked good)...but I'll be with D* for a while longer...I'll be patient with the growing pains..but my "profession install" of my 5LNB was well a joke..I can go on and on as well...but anywat I'm pretty sure he;s the reason I lose dignal EVERY time it even sprinkles 9Yes I know they are contaracted)...but I have to ;pay 75 bucks for D*'s F-up?!? I don't think so! AT least cable was free service calls which were very infrequent...

FYI my set up is

Samsung HL-R6178W 6th gen 108-P through HDMI
H20-600 Box (about 35 feet of Rg-6 to the box from the 6x8)
NO PHONE LINE (Haven't had one in 6 years)

BUt no vid sync problems and since I got my new box no every other hour reboot

RIP..nah, See ya in Hell HR10-250

again though, this is my OPINION...sorrry fan boys

I don't understand, you make every valid point it seems, so, why are you still with D*? If it is that bad, what does it say about those like you who say it is that bad, yet, choose to stay anyway? Seems pretty illogical if you ask me, I'd switch quicker than I could post, not complain and STAY anyway, but that's just me I guess.

Last edited:
damaged said:
I don't understand, you make every valid point it seems, so, why are you still with D*? If it is that bad, what does it say about those like you who say it is that bad, yet, choose to stay anyway? Seems pretty illogical if you ask me, I'd switch quicker than I could post, not complain and STAY anyway, but that's just me I guess.

Well I owe them a few more months becasue I did the movers package, so I pay a cancellation fee...Listen, I guess I'm just a little irked....and whay not post it to take some frustrations awaym as we all do...Also ther will NEVER be On-Demand with sattellite I guess I should have stayed with cable all along but Adelhia is so stupid overpriced out here and behind on the time (although not that far)again I miss COmcast....but I hear good things about FIOS which D* has a part in as well..and luckily i'm in PA which has lots of FIOS availablility (but not where I am yet)

I guess really were battleing between the worst of 3 evils..but ahhh wahhtya gonna do

LinkNuc said:
Well I owe them a few more months becasue I did the movers package, so I pay a cancellation fee...Listen, I guess I'm just a little irked....and whay not post it to take some frustrations awaym as we all do...Also ther will NEVER be On-Demand with sattellite I guess I should have stayed with cable all along but Adelhia is so stupid overpriced out here and behind on the time (although not that far)again I miss COmcast....but I hear good things about FIOS which D* has a part in as well..and luckily i'm in PA which has lots of FIOS availablility (but not where I am yet)

I guess really were battleing between the worst of 3 evils..but ahhh wahhtya gonna do
You are going to be flamed. Just wait for the D* installers, dealers and endless other minions get in here. LOL

No, this minion just flames guys that repeat the same thing in 5,000 posts and still sub to D*
No, wait, now 6,000

Oh its ok...I expected to be flamed..but I haven't heard much that was wrong about what I said...but hey gripes are gripes I gues we got 2 new birds going up next year...working on getting an HR20 shipped from LA..should be here in about a week or so if things work out... so I'll be ahead of the game out here in the east

Anyone who is truly disgusted with any service can find a way out. The simple phrase, "I'm a satellite subscriber...", uttered to a cable CSR over the phone will usually set the wheels in motion.

Cancellation charges are prorated over the contract, typically $15/month or less. It would be worth it to me if I had a better alternative.

Get the right person at D* and you can get out of any contract at no cost.

Status
Please reply by conversation.