D10-100 Firmware Upgrade

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stellar832000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
San Antonio
I just noticed that my D10-100 received an upgrade on November 9th I had already received the Active upgrade a few months back...anyone know what this new upgrade may have consisted of, the only difference i notice so far is the logo in the quick menu

Cool, thats a brand new update, I guess my area hasn't gotten the update yet (I intend though to try and force an update now), where do you live?, east or west coast? tia.

I live in Texas near San Antonio, the only other thing that I noticed thats different is that the Picture in Guide doesn't get choppy when it zooms out, it stays smooth...do you think if I forced an upgrade on my D10-300 it would work?

It might, can't hurt to try the d10-300, I'm on the east coast, so I'd imagine we'll get it soon enough, sounds like maybe just bug fixes, hopefully they worked on the scheduler.

Ok I got the info from a Directv CSR she said that the upgrade is to enable more interactive features that will be available in or just after December, she said we would not notice any substantial changes until then other than a more "stable" receiver i guess that would be bug fixes, the quick menu logo...other little things.

Open the front door where your card goes, there is a red button, get your remote in your hand, and press the red button, then when the tv screen says "Hello, your directv reciever is starting up", press 02468 on your remote (do not hit enter).

You may have to try it a few times to get it, when you get it it will say "Almost there" then, something like "A software update was found, downloading"

If there is no download ready, it won't say anything special.

Keep in mind, not all areas of the country gets the updates at the same time (as in my case), so forcing does not mean you can get it if it's not ready for your area.

can you press the blue button on the remote and get the mini guide like the r15? If you can that would be a sweet update. I live in Ark and i did do a forced upgrade but it still stayed at version 101b, i thought i was close enough to get the same update as you. o well. could my original ver 204 be the reason i didnt get the upgrade(yes it is A D10-100)

I hope they've not done another smacktard implementation IRT the serial interface -- now that I have my Sage box working again ... need to check that out (that I got the upgrade, not that it still changes channels -- which it does.)

Thanks for the update on the update :D

I've gotten that 0x1027 update for the D10-100 (east coast), one wierd thing, now ALL my signal strengths are at 100%, they usually average around 95, this can't be a correct measurement, as my D10-200 (which does not yet have the 0x1027 update available yet, it seems) still shows the signals are at the usual 95ish area, anyone else seeing this?

EDIT: I forced a reset on the D10-100 and the signals are showing up normally again, will leave the orig post for future people having this 'issue'.

Last edited:
damaged said:
I've gotten that 0x1027 update for the D10-100 (east coast), one wierd thing, now ALL my signal strengths are at 100%, they usually average around 95, this can't be a correct measurement, as my D10-200 (which does not yet have the 0x1027 update available yet, it seems) still shows the signals are at the usual 95ish area, anyone else seeing this?
EDIT: I forced a reset on the D10-100 and the signals are showing up normally again, will leave the orig post for future people having this 'issue'.

What state are you in because I am in VA and I still have not gotten the D10-100 upgrade I have tried to forced it but it still has the 0x101B version.

I got the update on my Receiver at 5:33 this morning. Besides the new logo in the quick guide, I have noticed that the menus move a little better then before.

I have noticed that with this update the caller ID no longer shows the phone numbers of callers just the callers names has any one else seen this problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts