Status
Please reply by conversation.

Liverpool

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Dallas Texas
Hi
At present I have the D10 200 HD receiver with a 3LNB dish and a ota aerial Here in Dallas all locals are available in HD OTA. If I upgrade to the HR20-700 with 5LNB dish I know that I will have to run a seperate line from the OTA antenna to the HR20. Will I still be able to use the D10 with the 5LNB dish and multiplex the ota signal in with the sat signal as it is now in a seperate room.

Hi
At present I have the D10 200 HD receiver with a 3LNB dish and a ota aerial Here in Dallas all locals are available in HD OTA. If I upgrade to the HR20-700 with 5LNB dish I know that I will have to run a seperate line from the OTA antenna to the HR20. Will I still be able to use the D10 with the 5LNB dish and multiplex the ota signal in with the sat signal as it is now in a seperate room.
First thing is the D10-200 is a SD receiver. Hopefully you have a H10 receiver even if you don't know what you have. The H10 will handle the five LNB dish as if it was a 3 LNB Phase 3 dish.:)

Nutshell, you must keep the OTA cable and the satellite cable separate.

The KA banded satellites transmit on a frequency that will overlap when joined with a OTA signal.

That means no diplexers or multiswitches that combine the signal. Unless you want a world of problems you keep the 2 cables separate.

Diplexers were fine before the KA banded satellites arrived, now they can no longer be used.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts