D10--Why did I buy this???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gluck75

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Manhattan
I upgraded my old RCA basic receiver and replaced it with a Direct D10. I don't understand what the added benefits of this receiver are. Can somebody please explain it???

I thought that on the newsmix stations that I would be able to change to whatever audio feed I wanted. Am I wrong???

Granted, this upgrade cost me only $25.00, but i'd like to know what new features/functionality I bought...

Any info would be appreciated....

We can all change audio feeds, but this one is supposed to allow you to "highlight" and select a video window to auto tune to that channel. That would be the ONLY reason to have this receiver (which really isn't worth paying a dime for), but it MIGHT need its new software still.

How do I change audio feeds without one of the new receivers? :confused:
I have a Hughes HTL-HD and a Samsung TS360.

Seeing it is new it has a new warranty other than that WHY DID YOU BUY IT? Did you research features before you bought, did you see improvements over what you already had? Personally I would only replace a basic receiver with a TiVo that is the only upgrade of a basic receiver I think you should spend money on unless the old receiver was just dead.

The software update coming in Feb will enable the interactive features and allow highlighting of the mix channels.

For now you can hit menu and the audio and change the audio between all the boxes.
This is allowed on all recievers.

My understanding is that the interactive software is coming in Februrary and will entail a LOT more stuff than just directly changing channels on the MIX stations. Their will be local weather and information available as well as video on demand etc...

They are also going to have lottery numbers from all states, news, horoscopes, sports scores and news etc...

This will all be available ONLY on the D10 when the software update is pushed out sometime in February.

This info is just compiled from info I have read. I don't have any inside information of any kind. Much of it is outlined in DirecTV's press release however..

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/aboutus/headline.dsp?id=01-06-2005B

mcbeevee said:
How do I change audio feeds without one of the new receivers? :confused:
I have a Hughes HTL-HD and a Samsung TS360.

On the HTL-HD, when the banner is up and you can see the current audio is set as Audio 1, press the right arrow on the circular button to scroll through the audio choices. Would be a lot easier if we could highlight the box we want. Maybe there will be an update for this (if it's even possible.).

enthuzist said:
Shouldn't this be available on the H10 and R10 as well? I would like to buy all three and want to know first.

The R-10, being a TiVo, is likely not compatible.

I'd expect the H10 will get it, though.

Why was this moved to the DVR Forum when the OP is talking about the D10 which is a standard receiver? Unless I've totally been using mine wrong ;)

I had RCA's. When I decided to get locals my RCA's would not work. So they traded me D10's. These D10's blow!!!!

These receivers make a Dish 301 seem good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts