D1000.2 Technical Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AzJazz

Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
Southwest
I have a stock D1000.2 DishPro Plus antenna with the triple LNBF and no external switches.

From my LNBF block, I see 3 outputs + 1 LNB input. I understand that I can get all 3 satellites on any of the three outputs, and there is also some sort of magical separator that Dish connects to my 722vip that actually gives it 2 separate feeds.

Here are my questions:

1) How the *freak* does this thing even work? It seems like a technical miracle to me. Is there a diagram that I can look at that explains the operation graphically?
2) Are there any switches located in the antenna/LNBF somewhere? I don't see any, but it seems like there must be.
3) How do the DiSEqC commands get interpreted? For example, if I have my cable coming to Connection #1 on the LNBF block, should all the DiSEqC commands for 110W / 119W / 129W be going to DiSEqC Port 1, or should each satellite go to a different DiSEqCport?
4) What version of DiSEqC does the D1000.2 support?

Thanks!

AzJazz

1) The DP Plus Separator was specially-designed to separate the single cable’s 950-1450 MHz band and the 1650-2150 MHz band, for the “single-cable to dual-tuner” technology

2) DPP LNB's have an integrated switch that combines the 3 orbitals into one cable. The LNB's internal switch is disabled when an external switch is connected.

4) I believe all of our equipment (LNB's, switches, receivers) uses DiSEqC 2.0, but I may be wrong

If you use a Birdog meter, I used to, you can use the DiSEq A prompt for 119, DiSEq B for 110 and DiSEq C for 129. Other than that I don't know a whole lot about DiSEq commands other than communication with the DPP SW44.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts