D1000 with 2 Legacy receivers

webbydude

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Akron, Ohio, United States
I have a side bet going with our resident QC/trainer. He's stating that it is NOT possible to receive programming from the 129 bird using a (2) Legacy setup because of the fact it disables the input port on the DPP Twin.

For the past few weeks I've pretty much taken that as gospel. After much brainstorming, I figured it IS possible to receive said programming if you have one of those receivers using a DP adapter. Basically simulating a DP/Legacy receiver setup.

Anybody heard any definative "yes" or "no" to this thinking????????

You can use a pair of legacy receivers on a D1000 but NOT using a DPP Twin. The DPP Twin requires at least one DP receiver in order to power it will not work with a pair of legacy receivers. You can however still use a D1000 with a pair of legacy receivers if you switch out the LNBs for legacy LNBs or you use DP LNBs (not DP+) with legacy adapters. Keep in mind that not all legacy receivers support the 129 location. The reason you can use legacy LNBs by the way is because all three satellite locations are your standard DBS satellites as opposed to the one FSS and two DBS configuration of the SuperDish. Keep in mind that you will also have to use either a DP34 switch or SW64 switch depending upon whether you go with legacy or DP LNBs.

Well, that's not entirely true. The DPP Twin WILL work with 2 Legacy receivers. But when you use a DPP Twin, the input port won't be active, thereby killing any chance of the 129 (DP Dual).

I was wondering if you powered up one of the Legacy receivers with a DP Adapter, would THAT simulate a DP receiver and, therefore, make it a viable option.

you could always use a Dish 1000 with 1 legacy twin, 1 legacy dual and 2 sw21s for 2 legacy receivers

webbydude said:
I have a side bet going with our resident QC/trainer. He's stating that it is NOT possible to receive programming from the 129 bird using a (2) Legacy setup because of the fact it disables the input port on the DPP Twin.

For the past few weeks I've pretty much taken that as gospel. After much brainstorming, I figured it IS possible to receive said programming if you have one of those receivers using a DP adapter. Basically simulating a DP/Legacy receiver setup.

Anybody heard any definative "yes" or "no" to this thinking????????
Strict answer is no you cannot use it with LEGACY receivers. Adding DP adapter changes the picture it is no longer being seen as Legacy. I don't know about the third port on DPP even with a DP adapter DISH says you need a DP receiver as part of the Legacy/DPP usage. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)