D11 Receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JimONeill

Original poster
Apr 11, 2005
I was just poking around the FCC's web site and see that the FCC granted certification earlier this year to two new "D11" receivers, one made by Samsung and one made by Humax.

Go to https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm and fill in the top two fields as follows:

For the Samsung model:
Grantee Code: A3L
Product Code: D11

For the Humax model:
Grantee Code: O6Z
Product Code: D11

Other than the addition of a USB port on the back panel, it's hard to see what the difference is between the current D10 units and this new D11.

Anyone have more information?

Are those models updated for MPEG4 use? Man I hope there will be a way I can make sure to get a Humax version!

charper,

my hunch is the d11 samsung is a d10 -200 with more bells and whistles.
same as before with the rca drd 420/440/480 series.
or the hughes E-1 silver/gold/platinum series

just a hunch. they may be the testing models for the mpeg4 boxes, but the ones shown are sd irds.

Cool, I didn't look at anything passed this test report. I am going to go back and save some of the other data as well.

Attachments

• DirecTV Humax Test Report.pdf
    864.3 KB · Views: 909
  • DirecTV Humax Internal Photo.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 403
  • DirecTV Humax Test Photos.pdf
    306.9 KB · Views: 429
  • DirecTV Humax User Guide1.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 345
  • DirecTV Humax User Guide2.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 725
OK... take the instructions and website from above, BUT leave off the PRODUCT CODE D11. Then scroll down and choose the EQUIPMENT CLASS as HID-PART15 for more results other than just the D11. Bump the number of results from 10 to 50. I chose to do the Humax code OZ6 first as they are to be the big player. Do I read correctly that they are the factory for the RCA DTC210?

Anyone feel like trying to find the new HD equiptment???

(I wonder how long till D* groans about this find)

Search for o6zr15
You will find info on the new "DirecTV Plus" receiver, the first non-Tivo DVR from D*
Pretty cool, but not our MPEG4 recievers.

the new mpeg4 wont happen until oct-nov. doesnt have to, sd pays the bills , at least till 2008

That is possibly true, however, most approvals get done MONTHS before hand.

I looked at the owners manual for the R15 and I found something interesting.
The talk has always been that when D* starts using their own DVRs, there would no longer be a monthly TIVO charge.
Well, this is from the owner's manual:

"About Your DIRECTV Plus Receiver
The DIRECTV Plus® Receiver lets you record up to 100 hours of your favorite programs*, and use pause and other video controls on live TV. You can select a specific program and set it to record once or every time it’s on, or you can create a “find” to search for and record your favorite shows with your desired name, title or keywords. You can even record two shows at once."

Sound great, eh? Just like TIVO.

But then:
"Important
• You must subscribe to the DIRECTV Plus service in order to use the recording features."

Sounds like an additional subscription fee to me.

Well, in a sense there is no more "tivo" charge. There is now a $5.00 DirecTV Plus Charge!

I went through all of them but didn't see anything for a D* High Definition receiver. Did anyone find anything for MPEG-4 High Def?

lou_do said:
I went through all of them but didn't see anything for a D* High Definition receiver. Did anyone find anything for MPEG-4 High Def?

There is nothing yet, but at least we know where to find the earliest info when they are approved.

One thing that is real interesting, is I can not find my H10 reciever in the database..... (I need to look some more) but, I am guessing I can use that as a base to search for the new ones. (By doing a search by min/max RF frequency - which you can search for all units that output in that range - therefore limiting your results)

My querey:

10 Applications Were Found That Match the Search Criteria:
Equipment Class: HID -Part 15 TV Interface Device
Grant Date From: 01/30/2001 Grant Date To: 06/29/2005
Product Description: DIRECTV

Is this it? Sometime the make & model number at the time are not what we see as the end user. There are also results found without DirecTV being the product; this might be pre-Rupert or back in the USSB/DirecTV days. Some times they are satellite receivers and some times settop boxes.

Attachments

• DirecTV DVR Photos.pdf
    197.5 KB · Views: 279
fkostyn said:
One thing that is real interesting, is I can not find my H10 reciever in the database..... (I need to look some more) but, I am guessing I can use that as a base to search for the new ones. (By doing a search by min/max RF frequency - which you can search for all units that output in that range - therefore limiting your results)

The reason that there is nothing for the H10, is because the H10 does not have RF/coax output like the SD and older HD models. I suspect that the newer MPEG-4 models like the H20 will be the same and that is the reason why we are not seeing any approvals for those models.

No RF output, no RF remotes, no need for FCC Equipment Authorization.

My H10 does have an RF remote - and does have an FCC ID # on the back of it.

fkostyn said:
My H10 does have an RF remote - and does have an FCC ID # on the back of it.

My bad, I didn't realize that the H10 had the RF remote.
What is the FCC ID anyway? Maybe that will help us find some of the newer receivers on the FCC site, since they are all supposed to use the same universal remote from D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts