Dallas Stars

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
What's really pissing me off about the Stars management is they resign one of their players to a long term contract, but they aren't budging on Mike Modano who's been there his entire career and is productive for them.

Tom Hicks owns both the Stars and Texas Rangers.

Tom Hicks did this same thing with the Rangers a few years back when we didn't resign Pudge.

Hicks is a moron.

Sergei Zubov.

Some people I know, including me, are really questioning Hicks on a lot of his decisions. Remember A-Rod? Hicks was the moron who offered the 252 mil deal.

I think you will find that this new CBA will make teams have to choose between long time players like these two. But I would have to agree that Modano is better than Zubov and deserves the contract more.

The A-Rod signing never ever made sense..... But good for A-Rod.

I dont think the Stars will see Modano come back. He is a free agent and they just dont have the money to bring him back with the cap in place.

Hicks is not a moron...he is a business man. He is going to do what he thinks is best (financially) for the team. Unfortunately, not many owners care about more than the bottom line...ala Mark Cuban.

Remember when he wouldn't resign Pudge a few years back? Look what happened to him and the Rangers.

Barajas is no Pudge.

Neutron said:
Remember when he wouldn't resign Pudge a few years back? Look what happened to him and the Rangers.

Barajas is no Pudge.

Yeah but I have to say that the Rangers have been fairly competitive without him or A-Rod. They have a good young pitcher in Chris Young, they just need a few more arms in the rotation and they will be tough.

Now I can say I'm happy with what the Stars/Modano did. He's signed for 5 years/17.5m

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts