Dallas

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
A fire like that, I'd expect the whole structure to be gone, not just a "wing".

Pamela is more devious than I gave her credit for. She's more like JR's daughter than Cliff's.

Three and out: TNT pulls the plug on ‘Dallas’ reboot http://popcultureblog.dallasnews.com/2014/10/three-and-out-tnt-pulls-the-plug-on-dallas-reboot.html/
First, Ebola. Then, citywide power outages. Now this: Dallas has been canceled. Again.TNT confirms that the network has said adios to the Warner Bros.-produced rebooted version of the long-running CBS series, which reappeared on TNT June 29, 2012. Looks like Christoper wasn’t the only Ewing to say adios in that third season finale.
In a statement issued late Friday the network said, “TNT has decided not to renew Dallas. We are extremely proud of the series, which defied expectations by standing as a worthy continuation of the Ewing saga. We want to thank everyone involved with the show, from the extraordinary cast to the impeccable production team, led by the show’s creative forces, [executive producers] Cynthia Cidre and Mike Robin. We especially want to thank the people of Dallas for their warm and generous hospitality during the production of the series.”

Well it was never as good without J. R. anyway. They should of ended it after the funeral and that would of been good enough. Having Sue Ellen hit the bottle again after all these years was stupid. The plot with Judith Light and her son on the show was interesting and I did like Anne as Bobby's wife. But the younger women on the show were all not that attractive. Pam had that horrible scar above her nose and the other Elena or what ever her name was, always looked a little plain to me. Emma was okay ,but she wasn't a stunner either. Real women in Texas are beautiful and this show really didn't reflect that.

Reading some of the articles online.... I get a feeling we havent seen the last of Dallas.

Also, remember, we never actually saw Christopher get into the car.. just a shot of someone's back walking in that direction.
Am going to say its a CIA plot to force Jaquim out of hiding.

Reading some of the articles online.... I get a feeling we havent seen the last of Dallas.

Also, remember, we never actually saw Christopher get into the car.. just a shot of someone's back walking in that direction.
Am going to say its a CIA plot to force Jaquim out of hiding.
How so? Mini series or tv movie?

IMO, how ratings are calculated should evolve w/ the times.

Besides Neilsons........VOD (Vudu, Apple), streaming services (netflix, Amazon Prime), DVR and "secondary market" downloads should all be considered.

Since am a huge fan, and TNT isnt available on OTA or FTA, I opted for the "secondary market".

Dallas is just another example of a show which could possibly still be on the "air" if all the viewing avenues were considered.

Reactions: foghorn2
In a note posted this morning, Dallas executive Cynthia Cidre and Michael Robin told supporters that efforts to find another network for the series have been unsuccessful, and this is officially the end of the road for the sequel to the hugely successful 1980s primetime soap.
Hi Friends,

Well, we have come to the end. After a 6-week attempt to try and land our beloved “Dallas” at another network, we have to inform you that we have not succeeded. Warner Horizon has attempted, in a Herculean way, to try and find us a new home, but at the end of the day it did not work out.

We so appreciate the outpouring of support by all of you, and the #SaveDallas campaign was a truly remarkable undertaking. We cannot fully express how much we loved making this show for you and with you. We had 3 wonderful years together, and we had the times of our lives bringing this iconic show back to television. Thank you for your support; thank you for your loyalty to our wonderful characters; and thank you for watching our show.

We wish you all our very best, and thank you again for loving “Dallas.”

With great admiration and appreciation,

Cynthia Cidre and Michael Robin

deadline.com

They should of quit and ended the show after J.R. died on the show. Perfect time to end it. This last season was a re-hash of older tired plots like : Look Sue Ellen had fallen off the wagon again.

I would have watched more episodes if they were made, but I am not particularly upset that they cancelled it.
Me either.

It was fun to see them all back on after all those years, but it was like DALLAS:The Geriatric Version. The show lacked the same flair as the original show. There were practically NO beautiful girls on the show, like the original did. The three younger women on the show were all average to poor. Emma was short and bland , Helena was too skinny and harsh looking and Pamela had that awful scar across her upper nose and eyebrow. They could of picked some real lookers and they chose that? The only really pretty woman on the show was ANN(Brenda Strong). Sue Ellen looked like death on a plate and Judith Light looked liked she had been beaten with an ugly stick. Bobby looked old and his eyebrows always looked like he had snow in them. Cliff Barnes looked like he was on his last leg and he belonged in jail. But I did enjoy seeing J.R. again. I always liked Larry Hagman.

Reactions: foghorn2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)