Dallas

Show was awesome IMO and JR, expectedly, stole the show. 2nd half of the premiere definetely set the tone for the season.

Cheers, K

On a technicality Southfork Ranch isn't located in the city of Dallas. It's actually in the suburb of Parker, TX. It's a good 30-40 min drive to downtown Dallas.

Pleasantly surprised, we liked it overall. Might not if the originals have less roles than in these episodes, but so far so good....

On a technicality Southfork Ranch isn't located in the city of Dallas. It's actually in the suburb of Parker, TX. It's a good 30-40 min drive to downtown Dallas.
In the original they always said it was in fictional Braddock County, so they were pretty clear it wasn't in Dallas. Of course be kinda hard to have a ranch that size in the city :p

Last edited:
After seeing John Ross's expression about the email, I thought at first it must have been J.R.
Then at the end I realized who it was, when John Ross told the investigator it was sent 2 years ago. It reminded me of the 2-years in the planning the gold diggers did. So I'm thinking they sent it so she could snag Christopher on the rebound.

I loved seeing J.R. showing up in South America. Typical J.R., trust no one. That poor lawyer won't know what hit him. John Ross on the other hand will just be getting another lesson from Daddy (towards the end of the show, J.R. was getting pretty mean to him, which is why he went to Europe to be with Sue Ellen).

Interesting thoughts:

Why did John Ross say tell Christopher they weren't family? They actually are cousins, as Christopher's mother was Sue Ellen's sister.

John Ross is not the first born grandson. That would be James.

Miss Ellie's will? Miss Ellie actually (through Clayton) gave Bobby the title to the ranch before she died. There was no trust associated with it.

Cliff Barnes owns Ewing Oil? Does this mean they're ignoring the 2 movies? Because the result of the first one was that Ewing Oil wound up jointly owned by Bobby & Sue Ellen, and J.R. controlled Weststar. The second one didn't change that.

Good ole JR still got it after all these years. :hatsoff:
That he does. I loved it when he pulled out the walker, reminded me of when he had machines and tubes hooked up so that he would look worse to Bobby after Sue Ellen shot hit. The man is definitely back

Good ole JR still got it after all these years. :hatsoff:

:) I was telling my wife the same, just when you think you pulled one on JR, he gets his in the end. We liked it will be a good summer time show, now for the complete throwback move it to Friday nights :)

Only thing I've found halfway decent so far is Larry. Hard to believe how old he is. Seems Like just yesterday I was watching I dream of Jeanie.

S~

:) I was telling my wife the same, just when you think you pulled one on JR, he gets his in the end. We liked it will be a good summer time show, now for the complete throwback move it to Friday nights :)

Amen its hard to pull 1 on good old j.r :)

Finally watched. Not for me. Mediocre soap opera with a big budget.
Edit: Just watched part of it again with my wife. In the scene in the restaurant with John Ross and the lawyer, you can see Hagman's eyes shifting to read a teleprompter. Not surprising. Would be hard to memorize lines at his age.

Last edited:
Finally watched. Not for me. Mediocre soap opera with a big budget.
Edit: Just watched part of it again with my wife. In the scene in the restaurant with John Ross and the lawyer, you can see Hagman's eyes shifting to read a teleprompter. Not surprising. Would be hard to memorize lines at his age.

+1

I almost deleted the recordings before I ever watched them because I don't normally like the soap opera type shows. And I guess I was too young when the original aired because I don't ever remember watching them. But I really enjoyed the premiere. Looking forward to the next episode. I wonder if the Bobby and JR characters will be in the show full time or just the first few introductory episodes?

In the original they always said it was in fictional Braddock County, so they were pretty clear it wasn't in Dallas. Of course be kinda hard to have a ranch that size in the city :p

Very true. I did find it interesting that the folded map that was used in the 2nd episode clearly showed the counties in the NE part of the metroplex. The line of "oil claims" shown in the map runs right along the main highway in Collin County. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)