Dam dunno where to shop for new service...

phatbastard

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 29, 2005
I have been vooming since the very beginning and now i dont know what to do at the end of the month. All these other companies treat HD as if it is something that should not be standard or included with the service. Get HD for an additional 10 bucks per month.... Rent the HD receiver for an additional 10 bucks a month and the list goes on. I have been driving a ferrari for almost 2 years now and now I am going to get stuck with a ford focus..... I still cant believe only 40,000 subs found the right DBS provider and a whopping 40 million people i believe have their head up their ass by going with D* and E*. But then again i bet half of those 40 million people dont even know what HD stands for.Ignorance is bliss.... I dont want to make it 40 million and one.Whats a brother to do, maybe go out and find a hobby i guess and unplug the telly... I feel much better now :)

I feel like you and I are walking in the same shoes. I left echostar 7 months ago when I moved up here to Kansas and just got voom turned a little over a week ago. I don't want to go back to E* because it seems like each and every day that passes ergen doesn't have a clue as to what he's doing. I don't really want to go direct because it seems as if all they care about is broadcasting locals instead of enchanceing their existing service, plus they're both over compressing their channels.

As for cable, I have cox. YUCK! Their website is hard to navagate and when you do find pricing on things they don't just have a digital cable package they have several and the cheapest over 55 dollars a month.

I think I'm going to eBay my tv and stick with my computer.

danielle_s said:
I think I'm going to eBay my tv and stick with my computer.

I hope you are kidding. I don't know what I am going to do either. Have no good local options. Adelphia sucks here with HD and only one OTA broadcasting HD and that is the PBS stations with the PBSHD channel. And that is only because I convinced them to carry it 24/7.

I am going to wait until the 18th. I still think we have an announcement coming. Both Tom and Chuck game in rather easy but that statement about marketing VOOM's 21 is still interesting. I am taking that as a hint of something still to come. Perhaps E* or maybe on BUD. I still have my bud dish but I don't fell like spending another $750 to buy a HD side car for my 4DTV. Especially when so many have left BUD. I will sit and wait till the 18th. After that, take up knitting or just play with myself. ;)

Whoos! I forgot. I got Mrs. Gutter to play with too.

You might want to check your local area group here to see what others might be doing or if they have any info. I posted to the Sacramento one earlier 'cause there's a future HD source that should be coming this summer. It's currently SD but they are planning an HD rollout. Others might be checking around their areas also.

I'm at a loss in L.A. too!!!

TimeWarner, D or E. It's almost like being stuck voting for just the Dem or Rep. Two sides of the same tired old coin.
D hasn't added any real HD since I left in 2003. E of course is in the same place. TW is all bad fuzzy signal for digital and to me cable is the dark side. If someone picks up the V21 that would be my deal maker though. I guess I'll hold out until the very end.

Otherwise, I think I'm going to take the advice of so many of you and stick with OTA and DVDs if nothing changes by 5/1.

I still don't get how I ended up with the 40,000 smartest consumers in the USA. So many others are that stupid? This just should have worked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts