Damn NFL!

NFL and Big Ten Football was the only reason I renewed my Peacock subscription, got the $19.99 special.

Lot of other angry people about last night’s game being on Peacock.

Pretty much all the same thing, either cannot figure it out or how dare they want us to pay more.

First it is a choice, if you do not want to pay, do not get.

Second, so what, this is how Television Programming has been since I remember.

First you have the high monthly bill for $112 a month ( a average), where the majority of content is reruns and content you are forced to pay for, you are choosing to pay that, but if you want HBO content, you have to pay extra, same for Showtime, package upgrades, Center Ice, Sunday Ticket, Extra Innings, PPV, etc.

Why is paying for Peacock any different then those examples.

Ever since Cord Cutting and this transition to streaming has started, people have this weird thought process that all this programming is owed to them, if they already pay for other services.

It has never worked that way, even when Cable/Satellite had 100 Million Households ( now about 55 Million out of 131 Million total Households), if you wanted more, you have to pay.

Now, in my opinion, Peacock really sucks compared to Paramount+ for example, but I found a price ($19.99 for the year during Black Friday weekend) I was willing to pay, only $1.67 a month, because I knew they were going to have exclusive games, they announced it at the beginning of the season.

So if you want to watch, get those deals when they happen, because this will be happening more and more as the transition continues.

Last edited:

Pretty much all the same thing, either cannot figure it out or how dare they want us to pay more.

First you have the high monthly bill for $112 a month ( a average), where the majority of content is reruns, you are choosing to pay that, but if you want HBO content, you have to pay extra, same for Showtime, package upgrades, Center Ice, Sunday Ticket, Extra Innings, PPV, etc.

Every since Cord Cutting and this transition to streaming has started, people have this weird thought process that all this programming is owed to them, if they already pay or other services.

It has never worked that way, even when Cable/Satellite had 100 Million Households ( now about 55 Million out of 131 Million total Households), if you wanted more, you have to pay.

Now, in my opinion, Peacock really sucks compared to Paramount+ for example, but I found a price ($19.99 for the year during Black Friday weekend) I was willing to pay, only $1.67 a month, because I knew they were going to have exclusive games, they announced it at the beginning of the season.

So if you want to watch, get those deals when they happen, because this will be happening more and more as the transition continues.
And this one about poor PQ.

And this one about poor PQ.

Not what I posted about, read your link, only one tweet about Picture Quality being bad, the rest was the usual how dare it be on Peacock.

I had it on, looked like the normal great looking Sunday Night Football broadcast, but I have qG, no idea of what speed the people(s) complaining have.

I'm about done with sports altogether (again). I don't really watch NFL much, but I usually watch most F1 races. Unfortunately, that is becoming less interesting over time. College Football and Basketball has been ruined by all the conference realignments and not lawsuits (FSU vs ACC). The transfer portal has also made it too hard to keep up with each team's players from year to year. Adding in the complexity of trying to find where a game is actually on doesn't help.

Well, at least you can watch the Bengals vs Steelers today.

Exactly - there are so many windows this weekend for games - I watched part of Steelers/Bengals yesterday; there are 3 windows of games today and 3 windows of games on Christmas. I wasn't going to watch all 8 windows - very easy to not do the Peacock game. I will watch some football today and then the game on ABC tomorrow night.

I also got the Peacock $19.99 Black Friday deal, then cancelled the next day, but I still have it for the entire year. I tried it last night just to see the PQ, and on my 200meg connection, it looked like a HD picture but pic seemed to be less than 60 fps. Not a fan of the quality - the Amazon games have been better. Had it on for about 2 minutes then was done with the game.

And if people were upset about a single game on December 23rd - wait until the playoffs when there is the Peacock exclusive game for the Saturday night Wild Card game...

I'm about done with sports altogether (again). I don't really watch NFL much, but I usually watch most F1 races. Unfortunately, that is becoming less interesting over time. College Football and Basketball has been ruined by all the conference realignments and not lawsuits (FSU vs ACC). The transfer portal has also made it too hard to keep up with each team's players from year to year. Adding in the complexity of trying to find where a game is actually on doesn't help.
Only watch U of Michigan Football and Detroit Lions from back home for the most part, given up on the rest of sports, there is just too much other content I want to watch, but yet never catch up.

Retire again in May, hopefully more time to view stuff then.

First you have the high monthly bill for $112 a month ( a average), where the majority of content is reruns and content you are forced to pay for, you are choosing to pay that, but if you want HBO content, you have to pay extra, same for Showtime, package upgrades, Center Ice, Sunday Ticket, Extra Innings, PPV, etc.

People are mad because the game should have been on NBC on OTA, as it would have been in prior years of "Television Programming", and free (even in the days when Netflix was the only streamer).

Has nothing to do with your subsequent comments about cable/satellite charges, and justification for an extra charge from streamers.

And anyone bordering Canada could have received both games yesterday on OTA, one on CTV and the other on CTV2. Free of charge.

People are mad because the game should have been on NBC on OTA, as it would have been in prior years of "Television Programming", and free (even in the days when Netflix was the only streamer).
Why?
Has nothing to do with your subsequent comments about cable/satellite charges, and justification for an extra charge from streamers.
Again, that is how Television has worked since the 70’s, there is no law that says it has to be on Traditional Paid Live TV or OTA.

It will be happening a lot more often in this time of transition.