This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Danger 4096 found turned back on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OK, your missing 220 channels right now.
You are able to get a hit on the receiver so that is good.
Your maps are still corrupted so I suggest unplugging the receiver again for 10-15 minutes.
Reason is if your receiver is acting up it could take longer for whatever is causing it to turn off in the receiver and clear out.
now try this out exactly as outlined below.
While on X4 hit options 6-4-4 then highlight CF-107 and it should lock for you. (not turn on, just a digital lock).
Make sure CF is on 107 then check diagnostic screen C to make sure it is showing 1430.000
IF your CF is not 1430.000 then you have some old maps and I'd try G9/01 instead.
If you can not get CF-107 to lock for you check the polarity on the receiver. options 6-4-4 highlight CF press enter.
The skew should be in blue on the 'V' side.
If not then hit options-6-4-2
Line 1) change to Linear East
Line 4 ) check as 'Standard'
Make sure you mark down what is currently in there in case you need to change it back again.

Now re-check CF-107 diagnostic screen C to see if the '07' appears on the top left of the gray box.
If it does you are now locked on W5 1430.000 freq.

Now here is where you can take 3 paths.
1) let the receiver sit here for 30 minutes. ( go out to dinner)
2) you can re-do the work-around process

3) you could de-select X4 from your satellite list but only after you place CF at the same location.
then while on Cf de-select X4 and afterwards unplug the receiver.
After powering back up hit options 6-5 on CF-107 to see if the channel count goes up.
Remember that magic number is 4782.

If you are following the directions exactly I'd go for #3.

Thanks Stargaze!

I understand what you are trying to do. My problem is it's late and my wife wants me to take her to dinner and "right now". So this will be my last post until Monday. I will follow your instructions and report back the outcome with details.

You are dedicated and I for one appreciate your help and what your are doing. Special thanks to Tvropro and all his hard work too. Let's see, Well thanks to everyone.

Stoker

I just replaced my 922 battery this afternoon. It took 2 hours to do it and I was sweatin' bullets the whole time. Fortuneatly, I didn't destroy the board. There might have been a way to replace the battery without removing the board but I took the board completely out (which is what the instructions recommend anyway). Even with a small point tip on the soldering iron you'll have to be careful that you don't short out anything. I hope that I never have to do this again. Of course, DC2 might not be around 10 years from now. Unlike the 920 and the VCRS board, this procedure for the 922 isn't a piece of cake.

i doubt x4 will update if it is programmed in your selected sats (mine wouldnt). im also inclined to think that your missing moto's maps and that your channel count is going to vary(its only supposition) but could prove that there are more maps than what we think are there if you do get a channel count of 4782. i wonder if anyone has master reset for the 7-step and only mapped on x4/w5 (im so tempted to master reset one of my 4d's). i also think some of the issues people are having are setup issues rather than process issues. for instance (no disrespect intended stargaze), i lock 1430.000 as Horizontal on my 922 and 905 while lyngsat and stargaze have it as Vertical. this discrepancy has been discussed before with the conclusion that the 4d units have a reversed polarity from dvb stb's. i for one need to use the rotated 90 option in my dish set up for the 4d's to lock.

crackt out,.

First: 1430.000 on W5 is Vertical Polarity.
If you have it different then your setup is incorrect.

Second: Even A Canadian 921 4DTv receiver will pick up the maps from W5 and will add the X4 satellite with all the proper channels.

The last procedure I was telling Stoker was the last step short of a full master reset. Providing people follow the directions and do not try something else on their own which may only add to the confusion. (personally I have no idea why when you say G9 someone would try another satellite icon) as I said following the directions as given should give the proper results. Now there is another problem in the mix and that is with certain 922 receivers which are not doing things as planned. Motorola was made aware of this and is working on trying to fix the problem.
The complete maps from W5/X4 will show a channel count under options-6-5 of 4782.
The maps from Motorola that are no more were different but that is only adding confusion to the mix and is no longer relevant since those maps are turned off.
The channel maps from W5 has been confirmed time and time again to be complete at 4782 at this time.
This is found under Options 6-5

Yes I repeat myself here as some will come in and say well it is different on the diagnostic screen or some hidden screen.
The options 6-5 is what people should be looking at for their channel count at this time.

I do agree some issues can be setup issues or even operator error issues.
The process does work but there is always that one off someplace that stumps everyone.
The processes given were basically set by step procedures to try correcting an issue by order of elimination.
The final one would be to use a generic in the same location, un-select the problem satellite icon, unplug the receiver, turn it back on to the generic satellite icon (used to place the new sat back in again) and then while sitting on W5 the satellite maps should update if you let it wait long enough. This is why the channel count was thrown out to let people know how long to wait.
Once it updates then an Options-6-4-4 and find X4 satellite which should now be corrected.
(if not, then there is another problem in the unit ie.. tdt maxed out at 1920? forgot to ask that one!)
If such is the case then the receiver would only be good as an X4 only receiver and a Master Re-rest on X4 would be the final solution.

If it were back in the day (1997) GI would have you ship the unit back to them and they would either send you another one or fix the thing.

So is 4096 still turned on today?

When I got home Saturday, I had indeed left my 922 tuned to C3-612. I still had video on all my "extended" C3 channels. So whatever they were/are doing, they didn't hit me with a deauth in the 6 hour window that I provided them. In fact, I watched C3 a couple of times this weekend (but not for long each time), and I'm still alive on C3 today.

So either they weren't sending deauths, or they were really slow in getting them done. I'm starting to think that it's safe to go back in the water (deauth wise), but would like to hear from others first, before I just start leaving the 922 tuned to "extended" channels all the time.

Did anyone who hasn't converted to 4160 and still has "extended" programming get shut down this weekend?

Cheers

Did anyone who hasn't converted to 4160 and still has "extended" programming get shut down this weekend?

Cheers

I have a different experience and I'm starting to think I did it to myself. There was all this talk about options 67780, 67781, and like an idiot, without checking into it further, I did the auth reset..options 67780. Now my 922 is no longer authorized to receive any of the feeds I was receiving. They went to OC mode. I'm still using EMM 4096, but GB 410 is no longer avail to me. At first I thought Mot get me with a deauth hit. But now I'm thinking I did it to myself. I sure wish no one would have mentioned the options 67780. I would have never tried it. Don't even know why I did. I guess I was trying to find out the EMM provider. I probably thought that options 67780 would provide me with the info, but instead, it deauthorized my 922, because I wasn't paying attention. I was aware of options 67781, but not the one with zero. I guess when feeds go into OC mode at this point, there's no way of changing that, right?

GB-410 on my 922 went OC last week. Since the maps were pulled from G1-3, there was no way to get a hit which fixed the OC problem before. So I decided to try the 66780 to see if it made any difference. My EMM changed to 0. I soon discovered that I couldn't receive any ZK or FP channels. However, when I pulled the plug on the 922 and let it reboot, the ZK and FP channels returned. GB-410 is still OC though. I don't think anything can be done about that now.

I decided to watch the the Denver stations last night on W1 & take the chance of a hit. I can't imagine Motorola would send out a signal that would destroy the software in the 4DTV & wipe it clean. I do believe they are working with others to get the conversion to work with all receivers. It was well known a year ago Motorola was going to do this & they did exactly what they informed the public they were going to do. And to make the conversion go flawlessly & to protect themselves, the 7 step brick process was implemented. I would probably bet that those working this weekend were volunteers from Motorola & Motorola Ok'd the restart of the 4096 stream long enough to help iron out the conversion process. I wouldn't think Motorola has a vendetta against C-Banders, it was just a matter of business. Then again, they might discover the only way to fix these receivers & to shut the C-Banders up is to send a "brick" worm. CAUTION: THIS IS SIMPLY MY OWN OPINION AND NOT TO BE CONFUSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACT. By the way, the only reason I haven't converted yet is because of the Denver 8 on W1.

Are these Dever stations on TP 500 and above? All get is subscripition required.

I pulled the plug on the 922 and let it reboot, the ZK and FP channels returned. GB-410 is still OC though. I don't think anything can be done about that now.

I did that and the NFL Net came back, I can't get any of this other stuff people are talking about.

GB-410 on my 922 went OC last week.

would you conclude this is going to be everyones fate sooner or later...where chs like GB 410 will go OC eventually? What do you think caused GB 410 to go OC on you last week, since you did the auth reset after the fact?

You had the same experience I had with the 922. No FP/ZK signals. That is until you unplug the receiver. Up to the time I reported it no one else mentioned this as happening on the 922 receivers.

Are these Dever stations on TP 500 and above? All get is subscripition required..
I disconnected my LNB on the 26th of Dec & watched FTA until Jan 5th. When I went to W1, the Denver 8 were still in tact. Channels 500-507.

Is it sending out hits or anything? I've been all over the place today for considerable amounts of time..C4, C3, G0. G1, etc. My trip counter still says 0.

It sure is! I haven't been able to receive rehits since Jan. 5 or the guide except for 1 on the trip counter after resetting password. Just went to Websams, activate service, and rehit system, within 5 seconds had 5 more on counter, and the guide is loading! Finally, it looks like the problem may be solved!

Status
Please reply by conversation.