Danica Patrick considering jump from Formula One to NASCAR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
She's not an F1 driver, she could only hope to be that good. On the topic of her moving to NASCAR, was not to long ago she was crying about how long and demanding the schedule was.
I wonder what's changed--$$$$$$$$$$$

This has to be a mix up with the story of Jaun Pablo Montoya moving from F1 to NASCAR. The Montoya story is true, but Danica has not acomplished enough to make a jump like that.

I'd like to see that. Usually IRL drivers don't race like the Good Ol' Boys. It's sometimes hillarious to watch the Open wheel drivers get out there and get rubbed the first time.

SatAdam said:
I'd like to see that. Usually IRL drivers don't race like the Good Ol' Boys. It's sometimes hillarious to watch the Open wheel drivers get out there and get rubbed the first time.

LOL, yep, God forbid they expect people to drive like professionals as opposed to trying to wreck like a farmer on a tractor.

Last edited:
VIPERS-PIT said:
This has to be a mix up with the story of Jaun Pablo Montoya moving from F1 to NASCAR. The Montoya story is true, but Danica has not acomplished enough to make a jump like that.

She is barely qualified to even drive IRL as it is right now! The only reason she has publicity is because of what is between her legs! She is on a top notch racing team and she is basically one of the worst drivers in IRL! NASCAR teams would only be interested because they want publicity and big time sponsorship (which IRL does not have) and the fact that NASCAR wants to put its foot on the throat of all the open wheel racing leagues and put them out of business!

dfergie said:
Look at Dave Blaney, excellent World of Outlaws driver but way down there in points in Nascar...

I guess you all forgot about a guy who used to be an open wheel driver, who is the current NASCAR Nextel Cup Champion, by the name of Tony Stewert.

ramy, people forget whatever they want in order to support their arguments.

People have crossed over quite a bit. Only because of NASCAR's popularity upswing over the past 10+ years was there a dominant racing league in the US.

ramy said:
I guess you all forgot about a guy who used to be an open wheel driver, who is the current NASCAR Nextel Cup Champion, by the name of Tony Stewert.

But Tony used to suck :)

Danica is a ho hum driver, supported by big bucks, much like Jeff Gordon used to be.

SatAdam said:
Danica is a ho hum driver, supported by big bucks, much like Jeff Gordon used to be.
Or Michael Schumacher, or Mario Andretti, or Dale Earnhardt, etc.

You can say this about anyone. Of course, Danica hasn't won a race in IRL yet. If this happens, well, then we can start talking about how good she could be.

Last edited:
johninbricknj said:
She's not an F1 driver, she could only hope to be that good. On the topic of her moving to NASCAR, was not to long ago she was crying about how long and demanding the schedule was.
I wonder what's changed--$$$$$$$$$$$

Yep. And NASCAR would be at the mercy of the team that brings her to the circuit. Danica would boost the ratings among some men, and even women for sure. I don't pay attention to Open wheel racing, and used to be a die-hard NASCAR fan until the President of NASCAR, (Bill France), started implementing rules for clean racing on the track, but not for after race fights and scuffles. But as far as I know, Danica has not really done anything spectacular in the Open Wheel format. She has not won a championship, or an Indy 500, but she is a good marketing tool for the sport. This is what NASCAR wants.

Look at NASCAR with Tony Stewart. If NASCAR held true to the rules with Tony Stewart, the way they do to say, Jeremy Mayfield, Tony would probably only have one championship, and fewer wins to his record. Same thing with Jeff Gordon. Jeff Gordon, and his team, and owner get breaks when it comes to racing... as long as he is good. But because he is not the "Hot Thing" anymore, he is not racking up 10-13 wins in a season like he used to. Tony Stewart and Kurt Bush get those wins now.

When is the last time you saw Ken Schrader, Dave Blaney, Jeremy Mayfield, or Dale Jerret get as much time on T.V. during a race compared to Dale jr., Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, or Kurt Bush? NASCAR promotes what sells tickets. Danica will sell tickets, shirts, commercials, souvenirs. And NASCAR will get a portion of that. She may even do better on the Nextel Cup circuit. But if you really pay attention to the rules that are in place, she will get breaks.

The fact remains lady's and gentleman, Baseball is the only sport where "breaks" are impossible to dish out from umpires. You can either get a base hit, double or home run... or you strike out. Football you could call holding on any play, but they don't. Basketball players could all get the same treatment as Jordon, Kobe, Lebron, or Wade... but they don't. NASCAR, they could send Tony to the back for aggressive driving... but they don't. :)

I have to agree with the favortism in NASCAR to a certain degree. Some of the nicest drivers don't get much attention like Terry Labonte, who is my favorite driver. I have never heard any person say that they don't like him, might not be their favorite driver but they don't say anything bad about him. I hate to see him retire after this season but nobody can do it forever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)